Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dylan Redwine Hoax




FARMINGTON — A man said he kidnapped Dylan Redwine and is asking for money for the 13-year-old's release.
But the man is lying.
"This is a scam," La Plata County Sheriff's Office Capt. Jim Ezzell said in a statement. "Do not send him money."
Dylan has been missing since Nov. 19. Dylan's father, Mark Redwine, said he last saw his son early that morning.
A man who identified himself as Abass Gadafi is claiming on Facebook to be a "boss of a kidnapper gang," and a new Bayfield, Colo. resident. He said he is holding Dylan captive and will release him for $5,000 and he will provide a picture of him for $1,000.
The money is to be sent to an account in the United Kingdom via Western Union, the sheriff's office said.
The sheriff's office is asking anyone who is contacted by the person to call law enforcement at 970-385-2900.
Dylan grew up in Bayfield and moved to Colorado Springs this summer. He returned to the area Nov. 18 to visit his father for Thanksgiving.
Mark Redwine said Dylan vanished the next morning. The father lives in Vallecito, northeast of Durango.
The sheriff's office has said they believe foul play is the reason for Dylan's disappearance.
In the last three weeks investigators and officers from multiple agencies and hundreds of volunteers have scoured forested areas, ditches alongside nearby roads and the bottoms and shores of lakes and reservoirs in southwest Colorado in search of Dylan.
About 250 hikers participated in a community search on Saturday.
The hikers recovered 10 items that investigators are evaluating as possible clues to Dylan's disappearance.

23 comments:

john said...

OT>

Armed Robbery: Boys Aged 7 And 11 Detained.


The older of the two boys turns up after being freed by police, as the stunned victim is interviewed by a TV reporter in Oregon.

Two boys, aged just seven and 11, have been accused of trying to rob a woman at gunpoint, police in Oregon have revealed.

The older boy had a loaded handgun in his pocket when officers found him outside a church in Portland on Saturday.

Amy Garrett, 22, claimed the pair had threatened her as she waited for her parents in the family's truck in the church car park.

The woman said the boys demanded cash and her phone, and that the younger boy told the older one to "show her your piece".


Amy Garrett was still shocked as she spoke to a TV reporter. Image: KATU
The 11-year-old then lifted his shirt and showed Ms Garrett the gun.

"He said it was fully loaded and cocked and ready to go. He told me he was going to blow my brains out if I didn't give him anything," she recounted to KATU.

"My heart was beating a million miles a minute. I'm surprised it didn't completely beat out of my chest. I was very scared," Ms Garrett went on.


The 11-year-old was filmed by the camera team. Image: KATU
She refused and drove away, calling the police as she went.

Incredibly, as a shaken Ms Garrett told her story to the TV reporter on Sunday, the older boy turned up alongside the camera team.

He left soon afterwards, and did not come back when the reporter asked to speak to his parents.

The boys had been tracked down quickly by police after the initial incident and returned to their families.

"Officers told the 11-year-old to keep his hands out of his pockets, but he ignored them and tried putting his hand back in his pocket," Portland police said in a statement.

"Officers grabbed his arms and recovered a cocked and loaded .22 calibre handgun in his pocket."

Neither child is likely to face any charges because of their young age.

But detectives are investigating how the boys obtained a gun.

http://news.sky.com/story/1023262/armed-robbery-boys-aged-7-and-11-detained



dadgum said...

I hope this isn't the end of things, John. The 11 year old will be serving a life sentence by the time he's 17. Parents need to be held responsible if the gun was in the home, but something tells me it was unregistered, and they will deny ownership...

An email from the new renouwned Prince of Nigeria said...



"This is a scam," La Plata County Sheriff's Office Capt. Jim Ezzell said in a statement. "Do not send him money."

Interesting: "him" (gender and number of culprits specific)...not "them"...

Yet, no charges filed, no person identified and a vague and unreliable description by the writer. [Perhaps the story is incomplete?] "A man"..."who identified himself as..." "...is claiming..." "...on facebook...". That's all pretty weak. The writer doesn't want us to believe a word of it, yet the LEO responds as though it is in fact a "him". I wonder if they're confident, maybe they already know, or have an expectation of who it is.

It's shameful regardless, stealing justice from innocent,Dylan; resources from the community; causing more pain, frustration, anger, etc. for loved ones.

Mainah said...


OT:
Self defense isn't going to work; lawyer tests "(pain) drug addicted, disabled vet" out on the public; while defending bail for murder...
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Bail-set-at-700K-for-Winslow-man-charged-in-shooting-death.html

Hobnob said...

off topic

An autopsy has confirmed that two bodies found last week in a wildlife area are those of two young Iowa cousins who had been missing since last summer.

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock says he received confirmation Monday from the Iowa State Medical Examiner's Office that the bodies were Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook, who had been missing since July 13.

The full autopsy has not been released to police.

Elizabeth was eight and Lyric was 10 when they vanished after going out for a bike ride in their hometown about 90 miles (145 km) northeast of Des Moines.

Hunters found their bodies last week in the Seven Bridges Wildlife Area, about 25 miles (40 km) from where the girls were last seen.

Authorities closed the park while they searched for evidence but now have reopened the area.

Black Hawk County Sheriff's Captain Rick Abben said last week that investigators would wait for the official autopsy report before reclassifying the case as a homicide.

Hobnob said...


The FBI has reportedly joined the search for a missing 16-year-old North Carolina girl last seen on Sunday.

Kayla Campbell of Mint Hill, N.C., was reported missing by her father around 6 p.m. on Sunday when she failed to return home.

Teams of police and FBI agents searched a pond in the area Monday after items belonging to the girl were found near it, WBTV reported.

"She's a great kid, couldn't ask for a better sister," Campbell's brother, Josh, told the station Monday night. "All we want right now is for her to come home safe and unharmed."

Campbell left her home Sunday at 2:30 p.m. and was supposed to arrive home by 5:15 p.m., according to the station.

Investigators on Monday pulled a bicycle from the pond but it is not clear whether it belonged to the girl.

Campbell is described as 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighing 115 pounds, with long brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to call the Mint Hill Police Department at 704-847-5555.



Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/11/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-north-carolina-girl-kayla-campbell/#ixzz2ElvakMXJ

dadgum said...

Thanks Hobs..she is a neighbor of Sam's nurse. Mint Hill is not very far from here..
Ponds here claim many victims, and hide others. They were not looking for a drowning, but a discarded body. Most ponds here are runoff ponds, dark, murky. There are spring and/or well fed ponds as well, though fewer.

We do have drownings, mostly small children, unless someone crashed a car into a pond. There have been teens eventually found in their cars under water.

Our weather has been oddly warm..no snow, no freezing. Some years kids have drowned trying to skate on thin ice..or falling into cold water.

Most here think she was taken, and her bike tossed into brush near the pond, as well as her belongings.

john said...

OT>

Zimmerman Ordered To Remain On GPS Monitor.

A judge orders Trayvon shooter to remain on 24-hour monitor and denies request to leave the county amid alleged safety concerns.7:29pm UK, Tuesday 11 December 2012
Zimmerman's attorneys cited safety concerns in request to leave county
Tweet


Email
George Zimmerman has been ordered to remain under 24-hour GPS monitoring while awaiting trial in the fatal shooting of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.

A judge also ruled Tuesday Zimmerman must stay in the county despite the defence's concerns about his safety.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the killing of 17-year-old Martin following an altercation in Sanford in February.

He has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defence under Florida's "stand your ground" law.

Besides dropping the monitoring, the defence also wanted Zimmerman to be able to live outside the Seminole County jurisdiction where the shooting took place in because of what defence attorney Mark O'Mara said were ongoing concerns about his safety.

"I really want to try (the case) in the courtroom, and I'm ready to try it," Mr O'Mara said during his argument. "What I don't want is my client not to make it to that courtroom."

Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda took issue with the contention that Zimmerman had genuine concern for his safety or that he needed to be completely released from monitoring to assist in his defence.

"My recollection is this defendant has appeared on national television... but there are so many threats against him and he's so scared?" Mr De la Rionda said. "He can't have it both ways."

Zimmerman was previously granted permission to make limited travel to Orange County to meet his attorneys. That remains in place.

Judge Nelson has set a trial date for June 10. She also set a "stand your ground" hearing 45 days before trial where Zimmerman can argue it was self-defence and ask the judge to drop the charges.

http://news.sky.com/story/1024048/zimmerman-ordered-to-remain-on-gps-monitor

john said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hobnob said...

Hi Merry Christmas'Gum and Sam

Coooooooooeeeeeeeeee

~waves~

I hope she hasn't come to harm sadly it is likely she has, whether by accident or design.

Ponds hide many a nefarious deed, they make perfect hiding places and who is to say if a body found there died accidentally or maliciously.
That her things were found near there doesn't bode well.

The warmer weather may prevent ice forming yet the down side is if ice forms it is thinner than they think.
It is all too easy for someone to fall in and to all intents and purposes vanish.

Deep dark muddy water, soft mud, weeds and general junk can be enough to hide a body until nature takes it's course and it either floats up or they drain it completely.

I hope for the best for her and her family, especially at this time of year, i will not be surprised though at the worst.

Give Sam a big freezing, foggy, cold huggle from me (i gotta warm my hands up somehow and he has warm bodily particles)

Anonymous said...

OT: TMZ.com Lance Armstrong steps down from Livestrong.

john said...

OT ,

I don't know if anyone has been following this.

Son accused of killing his mum.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/12/11/pyne-jeffrey-murder-trial-mom-hoarding-knives

john said...

OT>

Ex-Royal Butler: 'Max Clifford Sold Me Out'


Paul Burrell is alleging publicist Max Clifford faxed confidential handwritten documents of his to a tabloid newspaper.6:20am UK, Wednesday 12 December 2012

Video: Paul Burrell hired Max Clifford a decade ago to limit bad press coverage


By David Bowden, Sky News Senior Correspondent
Just days after being questioned by police in connection with alleged sex offences, which he says are completely untrue, Sky News has learned that Max Clifford is being sued by one of his former clients for alleged breach of confidentiality - accusations the publicist denies.

Princess Diana's butler Paul Burrell claims he hired Mr Clifford in a bid to limit bad press coverage about him a decade ago, but now the former royal servant alleges that rather than stopping stories Mr Clifford passed them on to The News of the World.

His lawyer Mark Lewis says Paul Burrell claims that Mr Clifford asked him to write down personal details which he feared might be uncovered by the media so that he could deal with them if they appeared, but instead of keeping the details confidential it is alleged Mr Clifford faxed the handwritten documents to the News of the World.

He said: "The police say they raided the News of the World's offices and there is a fax header there showing that things were sent from Max Clifford Associates to the News of the World concerning Paul Burrell. Paul's own notes, Paul's own handwriting that he'd given to Max suddenly finds itself at the News of the World."

But Mr Clifford has issued a robust response.

"The claims made by Mr Burrell have no merit. His allegations are opportunistic and are denied," he said.

"It is an affront to common sense to suggest that Mr Burrell, who has sold stories to the newspapers, made countless appearances on TV and has even written a book about his dealings with the royal family, now feels able to claim that any information he provided was confidential.

"We will defend these claims in court and will be asking the judge at the earliest opportunity to strike out these claims as having no prospect of success and an abuse of process."

Mr Clifford has made a very successful, very lucrative and high profile career managing the publicity of some of the world's biggest stars and he has often spoken to the media on a range of PR issues.

If he was to have sold out one of his clients in the way Mr Burrell alleges then that lucrative career would be badly damaged.

Whatever the truth of these allegations, the coming together of the former butler to the one time most famous woman in the world and the publicist to the stars is bound to create a lot of interest.

http://news.sky.com/story/1024159/ex-royal-butler-max-clifford-sold-me-out

john said...

From above,the blue touch paper has been lit,is this just the beginning?
I for one think it is.

Rubs hands with anticipation.

Mmwwaahahaha.

john said...

"WE will defend THESE CLAIMS in court and will be asking the judge at the EARLIEST OPPOTUNITY to strike THESE CLAIMS as having no prospect of success and an abuse of process."

Hobnob said...

john said...
"WE will defend THESE CLAIMS in court and will be asking the judge at the EARLIEST OPPOTUNITY to strike THESE CLAIMS as having no prospect of success and an abuse of process."


Let's play a game.

Let's play Hunt the Reliable Denial.

Is it over here??
Noooooooooo

It it over there?
Noooooooooo

Is it hiding way up there?
Noooooooooo

Is it hiding way down there?
Noooooooooo

I wonder where that pesky denial is?

Hello analysts ~waves~

Can you see where the denial is?
Look everywhere around and see if it is hiding.

Did you find the denial?

You didn't?
Oh well. let me let you into a secret.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

There isn't one!!

I know, the naughty man is playing a trick.
Santa won't leave him any presents this year for being a naughty boy and telling fibs.


john said...

Pmsl Hobs hahaha

john said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hobnob said...

It's panto season, I'm allowed.

Remember analysts, when the denial shows up you have to tell me.

Shout as loudly as you can and then i can grab it.

"It's behind youuuuuu"!

~Turns round~

Oh no it isn't.

"OH YES IT ISSSS"!

OH NO it ISN'T

"OH YES IT ISSSS"!

~Turns round again ~

OH NO IT ISN'T!!

"OHHHH YESSSS ITTTT ISSSS"!!

~Turns round again quickly~

OH NO IT ISN'T!!

Stop messin' about, there isn't a reliable denial you naughty analysts.
You're only shouting to make me turn round and get all dizzy.

I'm off to wash some dirty laundry.
Now, shout loudly ONLY if you see a RELIABLE denial.

~exit stage left accompanied by a large wicker basket~

john said...

Hobs put the cough medicine away.lol

Hobnob said...

john said...
Hobs put the cough medicine away.lol


Spoilsport.

I am so telling Santa on you, he won't leave you any prezzies, the reindeer will though mwahahahahahahahahahah.

john said...

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh. !!!!

dadgum said...

rofl..
(((hugs Hobs))