Monday, May 29, 2017

Elements Within Statement Analysis

                    
                       A truthful sentence used to deceive.  
"When I went into the garage it was then that I did see those guys hovering over that bloody mess,  and holding his mouth closed so no one would hear the screaming." 

In analyzing this sentence, the analyst is confronted with a number of issues that need to be addressed appropriately and in order.  

One of the things an analyst is asked, upon completion of analysis within a single sentence is to look for an element within it. 

We view two important elements within Statement Analysis:

Time and Space, which we label space being "Location" within a sentence.  In identifying an element, a natural priority emerges that tells us what is on the mind of the subject. 

In the above sentence, as a reader, you should be impressed by, and even emotionally involved in that someone is being held against his will, and something is being done to him which is creating effusion of blood and screams, and the need to muffle the screams.  

You should be thinking of torture. 

But that is not what the subject is thinking about.  The subject is concerned about something else.   

Look again at the statement for the answer:  

"When I went into the garage it was then that I did see those guys hovering over that bloody mess,  and holding his mouth closed so no one would hear the screaming." 

Here, the element of his answer is time.  This produces that which tells us that the essence of time is more important to him than the bloody torture described.  It does not mean that time is more important than the violence, it means that in his verbalized perception of reality, time is more important to him. 

In fact, time is not only important, but it is "sensitive" due to the repetition within his statement:

"When I went into the garage it was then that I did see those guys hovering over that bloody mess,  and holding his mouth closed so no one would hear the screaming." 

Here, the element, and not a specific word, is repeated, making the element of time sensitive to the subject. 

Note next:


"When I went into the garage it was then that I did see those guys hovering over that bloody mess,  and holding his mouth closed so no one would hear the screaming." 

Not only did the subject not begin his statement with the pronoun "I", psychologically putting himself right into it, he also showed a willingness to tell the truth about something in a specific way.  Here we have more S/A language that may cross some grammar loving people. 

He did not say "I saw", which is a strong or "perfect" past tense, but "I did see", which is not a "past tense" statement in the above sense.  It is "imperfect" (in the language of the analyst) because it used emphasis, highlighting the need to emphasize.  This is often found in deceptive people who are, in this area, being unusually truthful.  

This emphasis ("I did see") which is  technically past tense, was produced against the brain's naturally occurring "law of economy" where the shortest wording is used.  "I saw" would be the strong commitment.  Here we have another example of "statement analysis rules and realities" that has to borrow from the world of proper grammar.  

This person is worried about timing, not about the victim.  

When a person is deceptive, there is not likely found a pause within his  thinking where the subject stops and thinks through specific wording: 

'I need to keep this information concealed but I have to give them enough for them to believe me but I can't stop myself from thinking about what I saw 20 minutes before this.  If I tell them that they are going to arrest me and charge me as an accessory to the crime, so I will give them the later information so that they don't recognize that I was there earlier when this guy was beaten so he would tell us where the drugs were hidden.'

The "hidden thought" above gives away the element of importance to the subject. 

The element of importance to the subject is Time.  By identifying an element, we may find a deceptive priority, even within a truthful account.  

The deceiver's brain works in great rapidity to conceal, yet, by just a few small additional words and the analyst's awareness to consider elements (here, sensitivity indicator is repetition even though it is not the same word repeated) and where a person begins a statement, to lead the analyst to the truth.  

Here, the priority indicated by where the subject began his statement is not only to remove himself, but to prioritize the element of time.  

Questions, Questions and More Questions 

We ask questions.  Questions where answers are sought in the statement itself, and if not, in the interview/interrogation.  

In other statements, we find that location (Space) becomes an element where we naturally ask "Where else was this subject?" just as we asked in the above statement, "At what other time did he witness...?" 

To enroll in training for deception detection, please visit

Hyatt Analysis Services   

Commitment to excellence, you may enroll in training at your home, or host a seminar for your department or company.  

Advanced Training available only after successful completion of our Complete Statement Analysis Course.  This course may be completed at your home, and it comes with 12 months of e support so that appropriate application is made by those who not only memorize principle, but understand it.  We encourage repetition and the avoidance of haste.  The dulled listening habits can be reversed in time and success comes from dedicating self to becoming proficient at detecting deception.  

From here, the analyst moves to content analysis and detailed profiling, including anonymous author identification.  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Holding" his mouth closed as opposed to "covering" his mouth, so "no one" could hear the screaming. Given the focus on pinpointing a very specific time element as to seeing what happened and then following with the unusual description of holding the mouth closed vice covering, I think it is likely this person heard screaming or the sounds of muffled screaming before he/she entered the garage and saw what was happening.

Paul Flanagan said...

OT: Tiger Woods: "...alcohol was not involved."

How about..."I wasn't drinking," or even, "I wasn't drunk."

hmmm..

John McGowan said...

Tiger Woods is a loving, sober man who has been falsely accused once again :/

Observer said...

Tiger Woods was drinking Red Bull(shit).

Anonymous said...

What does the statement "You need to take a look inside" mean?! What does that EVEN MEAN?

Tania Cadogan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tania Cadogan said...

Off topic

Tiger Woods was arrested in Florida on suspicion of driving under the influence early Monday morning. Woods released a statement Monday night.

"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions.

I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn’t realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.

I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too.

I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again.

I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office for their professionalism."


https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2017/05/29/tiger-woods-statement-alcohol-not-involved-dui/102300788/

Anonymous said...

Tiger, Thank you for reassuring us! I forgive you. I'm sorry your Vietnamese golfer father was abusive to you and now you are a sex addict and pill addict and drunken driver. Tomorrow[s a new day! Cheer up!!!

Kelley~ said...

I might as well get used to the fact I'll be 90 years old by the time I learn all this.

LM Cerullo said...

Uh, what? He's not Vietnamese.