Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Colleen Campbell Statement About Police



Colleen Campbell, a television reporter was fired for berating a police officer outside of a Philadelphia comedy club.  

She now says she feels "ruined" and wants to apologize to the officer after "receiving threats." 

Is she truthful?


Colleen Campbell, 28, of Philadelphia, said she only learned that her cringe-worthy rant outside of the Helium on Sunday was caught on camera and posted to Facebook after she was busted on charges of resisting arrest, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.

She wants the public to believe that she does not remember what happened, nor did she know she was video taped.  

Is she truthful?  


When I came home, I called my producer to talk about why I was absent. I didn’t realize a video was out. I found out about it later because HR called me and said I was being terminated. They said there’s a video. I said, ‘What video?’

This statement is important for analysis:

When I came home, 

She began this statement not with the pronoun "I", but the word "when."  This indicates that the element of time is a priority to her. It is the time element that we focus upon:


When I came home, I called my producer to talk about why I was absent.

Here, she feels the need to explain why she called her producer.  This means she anticipated being asked, "If you did not know there was a video, why would you call your producer?"

This is a signal that she wishes to answer the question before it is asked.  


I didn’t realize a video was out.


Here we have the rule of the negative, elevating importance.  She did not say she did not know she was videotapes, but she did not "realize" it was "out."

a.  "realize" 

To "realize" indicates the element of time.  To "know" is knowledge, without time of processing (or the act of realizing).  

b.  "out" is online, public knowledge. 


 I found out about it later because HR called me 

a.  "later" is the element of time again.  She did not deny knowing about the video, but placed it under the element of timing.  

b.  "because":  here she also anticipates being asked, "why didn't you know there as a video?" or "how did you come to "realize" that there was a video?"

These are questions that may not have even come to the mind of an interviewer to ask, but is an example how guilty people want to preempt questions.  They worry about such things but the public does not know.  It is how liars give themselves away. 

You see two blue points close together.  This is "very sensitive" within the statement, as we use blue to highlight the highest level of sensitivity within language.  


and said I was being terminated. 

It is interesting to note that she used the word "said" and not "told" here, since being terminated is an authoritative act.  

They said there’s a video. I said, ‘What video?’

She quotes herself asking a question. 

This is an attempt to persuade us that she did not know there was a video in existence.  It is inconsistent with the important element of timing that she used in priority before.  It should also be taken with the two blue marks of very high sensitivity.  

Analysis Conclusion:  Deception Indicated.  

She knew she was video taped.  

She lied about how much she had to drink and about being video taped.  Did she lie about anything else?


New York-based comedian Wil Sylvince posted a 5-minute clip of a “very obnoxious” Campbell after she was kicked out of the club for “loud whispering” throughout the show.

She denied being disruptive to an officer, prompting a man who was accompanying her to thank the cop for his patience. The officer replied that he just wanted the pair to walk away.

Here is what Campbell said on tape: 

“Or what? Or what, mother f–ker? Lick my a–hole.  How about that? F–king piece of s–t. That’s why nobody likes f–king police…idiots in this f–king town.


Campbell, according to Philadelphia Magazine, claimed in a Facebook post that she only had one drink and suggested she might have been drugged before deleting her social media accounts. She’s been receiving “threats” and wants to apologize to the officer, she told the magazine.

That’s not me or how I talk or act or anything at all,” she said. “I don’t know what to do. I feel ruined and embarrassed for me and my family.”

The denial of it being her is a linguistic signal of one who does not take responsibility for her own actions.  She is consistent in deception. 

.  In her Facebook post, she claimed to have only one drink and "thinks" she was drugged because 
 “everything was foggy,”  and even added  that she remembers getting into an altercation at the club but said she didn’t know what about.

Later, she admitted to 5 drinks, but then she reported that she was having two shots an hour before the show and more while bartending. 


“I feel awful. That’s not me or how I speak or how I talk or how I was raised. I had to delete all my social media, because I’m getting threats.”

Note the change from "speak" to "talk" and the need to explain why she had to delete all her social media accounts.  

Note the elevation of self importance and self concern; not the vicious things she said to the officer.  

Asked about the calm and collected cop who displayed extreme restraint during the incident, Campbell said: “I wanna apologize to the officer. I don’t remember the whole altercation at all. I remember feeling attacked. I would never talk like that. It was like watching a whole different me.”

This is the language of one who is a habitual liar.  

She "wants" to apologize, rather than apologizing, and quickly turns to concealing information (using "I don't remember" in a statement) as well as distancing herself and portraying herself as the victim.   She does not own what she has done, even in the light of a video. 

She uses the "trickle" effect of minimization, giving out small lies after small lies until she is finally confronted.  Once there, it is not "her" but someone she does not recognize.  

She is deceptive when saying she does not remember.  

For training in detecting deception, please visit www.hyattanlayisis.com 

Kudos to the officer who took this abuse and remained calm. 

Police officers are underpaid and under appreciated in American society.  This type of verbal abuse is something they face daily while remaining in self control.  Colleen Campbell was "herself" enough to use the 8 years in America where police were incessantly maligned by the president and political elite.  

They protect and serve ungracious and abusive people like Colleen Campbell.  

9 comments:

Mimsie said...

Peter, this is OT but I would appreciate your statement analysis of the comments made by the cousin of one of the London attackers (quote from online Times Colonist from June 6). "Bilal Dar...told the Associated Press in the Pakistani city of Jhelum that his cousin, Khurum Butt, lived in the city until he was about 7 years old. 'Our family is hurt by what he did', Dar said. 'This has destroyed our family's pride'".

Hey Jude said...

I watched the appalling video clip - I thought any number of drinks was no excuse for that behaviour or attitude, and it was right she was fired. If she is ruined, she caused it, and she should be embarrassed for herself and her family.

What is it about when one person calls another a 'POS'? Is it a type of abuse particular to people with certain mental health issues, or just a commonly used insult over there? I think not, though I have seen one or two posters here use it at times. I have thought it might be due to very low self-esteem, but she seems to esteem herself highly.



Anonymous said...

I need advice: Should I just forget him? I have known him for so long, I know he is going to try to open the door, when he took down his wife's pic and defriended her right after I friended him & the tone of his msgs was warmer and he is not living with his wife full-time...he will try to open door but should I put my foot down and never speak to him again? He held stuff against me that I did when I was young, yes I did torment him when we were younger but I thought we had moved beyond that, we were such good friends, he was my best friend at one time, I don't undersand what I did wrong as to why did he hold all of what I did when I was younger against me and it is hard because he did surrender to me completely and it is hard to forget but then stuff happened and then when we were talking again yrs later and when he finally turned on me on July3 and July 4th in all those emails he hurt me trmendously he said his Dad is setting him up and he is going to let him because those Islamic women are better than me bc of all my trangressions and told me kind things too and argued with himself and it went on and on for days and my heart just broke bc I know his wife is so much better than me even though I try not to think so and I try to hate him but sometimes I feel I know he loved me but obviously he did not and I have known him for so many years should I just shut the door and lock it shut and forget him after he did that to me because he obviously thinks I am lower than dirt yet it is hard to forget.

Anonymous said...

I just miss him and the way he let me tease and mock him relentlessly. I've just never found the equivalent. It hurts so much that he loves someone else so much more than me, she is so wonderful in every way, she is everything I'm not, absolutely perfect on paper, he found a jewel, and I am nothing more than dirt I'm sure he never looked back after meeting such a wonderful woman.

Anonymous said...

She is everything that I'm not and I just have to accept that and just shut the door right in his face because I'll never be such a wonderful woman. She is reasonable and practical and I'm sure she takes naps when she's tired and doesn't have sleeping problems and she's always followed Islamic regulations and she's just wonderful in every way, I'm sure she has a wonderful personality I'm sure she's probably well-travelled and I'm sure she is just remarkable, All things I'm not. I can never be like that and I'm sure she never did all the bad things I did either. I am who I am, there is nothing I can do to change it, I certainly cant change the past and I will just find someone who LOVES ME FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/05/linda-sarsour-has-raised-80k-for-a-anti-muslim-hate-crime-that-allegedly-did-not-happen/

Linda Sarsour Has Raised $80K For Anti-Muslim Hate Crime That Allegedly Did Not Happen

John Mc Gowan said...

OT Above:

Linda Sarsour is Raising Funds for a Muslim Woman Who Was Allegedly Attacked in Ohio

On June 3, police in Columbus, Ohio, were called to the scene to investigate allegations that a child was being abused and possibly kidnapped. What they found was a chaotic scene at an apartment complex, the Columbus Dispatch reported.

In a press conference held on Sunday by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), Rahma Warsame, a 40-year-old Muslim Somali-American and the mother of a 12-year-old, alleged that a white man attacked her for trying to defend another Muslim woman who was being verbally harassed. CAIR, which is legally representing Warsame, said that their client had been "viciously beaten" and was left with "severe facial fractures as well as several lost teeth." According to Warsame, the assailant, Ricky Boyce, reportedly shouted, "You all will be shipped back to Africa," and then proceeded to physically attack her.

In an interview with the Daily Caller,

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/05/linda-sarsour-has-raised-80k-for-a-anti-muslim-hate-crime-that-allegedly-did-not-happen/

Samantha Morales, 31, and her boyfriend, Ricky, said the targeted attack or racial slurs never happened. All of the people involved in this case live in the same apartment complex.
The Columbus Department of Police said via Twitter and Facebook that they briefly detained a man at the scene but did not arrest him due to lack of physical evidence and conflicting stories by all parties at the scene.

"Officers were unable to determine who the primary aggressor was in the incident. Two women were transported to area hospitals for injuries related to this incident," according to the press release. "The injuries reported at the time of the incident did not rise beyond the level of a misdemeanor assault. All parties were referred to the City of Columbus Prosecutors Office, as is standard protocol when probable cause for an arrest cannot be established."

Images of Warsame at the hospital went viral on social media, which is how civil rights activist Linda Sarsour found out about it. She has since started a fundraising campaign for Warsame and has raised more than $80,000. Sarsour, who was the national co-chair of the Women's March, tells Teen Vogue that she reached out to her contacts in Columbus, Ohio, to try to figure what happened and what she could do to help.

"What I am questioning here in this situation, as an ordinary citizen, is how is it that the police department shows up and there's a woman who is clearly injured and she clearly has to be taken away by the ambulance," Sarsour said. "She should be asked whether or not she wants to press charges against this man."

The police said that while "the incident has generated rumors and speculation throughout social media... there is no evidence at this time suggesting the incident involved any type of bias, which would constitute the incident being investigated as a hate crime."
"There is no place for hatred or bigotry in Columbus, and we firmly denounce this disgusting attack," according to a statement released by Yes We Can, a local organization that includes activists, educators, and local residents. "Yes We Can Columbus calls for an investigation into this incident and for the attacker to be brought to justice… If we claim to be an Opportunity City, then we must also be a safe city for all."

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/linda-sarsour-is-raising-funds-for-a-muslim-woman-who-was-allegedly-attacked-in-ohio

rob said...

This woman, the woman in the above post, Bill Maher, all seem to be getting a dose of what they truly want to issue to others.
All I can say to each is- ENJOY

Anonymous said...

Excellent observations rob. You should sign up and take the course...you seem to be one of Peter's brightest students.