Friday, July 27, 2018

Susan Smith Confession: Team Analysis




Susan Smith reported that her children were kidnapped by a car jacker. She cried before the news camera and said, 

"My boys needed me", referencing her children, alleged to be in a car, in the past tense. It was an immediate indication of knowledge that her children were dead.  She had, in fact, strapped them into the car and drove them into a lake, drowning them. 

She was subsequently arrested and gave a written confession.  

Here is team analysis of her confession.  First is the Statement and then the Analysis and Conclusion.  

To obtain training in Deception Detection and Pscyho-linguistic Profiling, please visit Hyatt Analysis Services

I.  Confession 

When I left my home on Tuesday, October 25, I was very emotionally distraught. I didn't want to live anymore! I felt like things could never get any worse. When I left home, I was going to ride around a little while and then go to my mom's. As I rode and rode and rode, I felt even more anxiety coming upon me about not wanting to live. I felt I couldn't be a good mom anymore, but I didn't want my children to grow up without a mom. I felt I had to end our lives to protect us from any grief or harm. I had never felt so lonely and so sad in my entire life. I was in love with someone very much, but he didn't love me and never would. I had a very difficult time accepting that. But I had hurt him very much and I could see why he could never love me. When I was @ John D. Long Lake, I had never felt so scared and unsure as I did then. I wanted to end my life so bad and was in my car ready to go down that ramp into the water and I did go part way, but I stopped. I went again and stopped. I then got out of the car and stood by the car a nervous wreck. Why was I feeling this way? Why was everything so bad in my life? I had no answers to these questions. I dropped to the lowest when I allowed +my children to go down that ramp into the water without me. I took off running and screaming, "Oh God! Oh God, no!” What have I done? Why did you let this happen? I wanted to turn around so bad and go back, but I knew it was too late. I was an absolute mental case! I couldn't believe what I had done. I love my children w/ all my (heart-icon). That will never change. I have prayed to them for forgiveness and hope that they will find it in their (heart-icon) to forgive me. I never meant to hurt them!! I am sorryfor what has happened and I know that I need some help. I don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself for what I have done. My children, Michael and Alex, are with our Heavenly Father now, and I know that they will never be hurt again. As a mom, that means more than words could ever say. 
I knew from day one, the truth would prevail, but I was so scared I didn't know what to do. It was very tough emotionally to sit and watch my family hurt like they did. It was time to bring a peace of mind to everyone, including myself. My children deserve to have the best and now they will. I broke down on Thursday, November 3 and told Sheriff Howard Wells the truth. It wasn't easy, but after the truth was out, I felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders. I know now that it is going to be a tough and long road ahead of me. At this very moment, I don't feel I will be able to handle what's coming, but I have prayed to God that he give me the strength to survive each day and to face those times and situations in my life that will be extremely painful. I have put my total faith in God, and He will take care of me. 
  
When I left my home on Tuesday, October 25, I was very emotionally distraught. I didn't want to live anymore! I felt like things could never get any worse. When I left home, I was going to ride around a little while and then go to my mom's. As I rode and rode and rode, I felt even more anxiety coming upon me about not wanting to live. I felt I couldn't be a good mom anymore, but I didn't want my children to grow up without a mom. 
  
I felt I had to end our lives to protect us from any grief or harm. I had never felt so lonely and so sad in my entire life. I was in love with someone very much, but he didn't love me and never would. I had a very difficult time accepting that. But I had hurt him very much and I could see why he could never love me. When I was @ John D. Long Lake, I had never felt so scared and unsure as I did then. I wanted to end my life so bad and was in my car ready to go down that ramp into the water and I did go part way, but I stopped. I went again and stopped. I then got out of the car and stood by the car a nervous wreck. Why was I feeling this way? Why was everything so bad in my life? I had no answers to these questions. I dropped to the lowest when I allowed +my children to go down that ramp into the water without me. I took off running and screaming, "Oh God! Oh God, no!” What have I done? Why did you let this happen? I wanted to turn around so bad and go back, but I knew it was too late. I was an absolute mental case! I couldn't believe what I had done. I love my children w/ all my (heart-icon). That will never change. I have prayed to them for forgiveness and hope that they will find it in their (heart-icon) to forgive me. I never meant to hurt them!! I am sorryfor what has happened and I know that I need some help. I don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself for what I have done. My children, Michael and Alex, are with our Heavenly Father now, and I know that they will never be hurt again. As a mom, that means more than words could ever say. 
I knew from day one, the truth would prevail, but I was so scared I didn't know what to do. It was very tough emotionally to sit and watch my family hurt like they did. It was time to bring a peace of mind to everyone, including myself. My children deserve to have the best and now they will. I broke down on Thursday, November 3 and told Sheriff Howard Wells the truth. It wasn't easy, but after the truth was out, I felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders. I know now that it is going to be a tough and long road ahead of me. At this very moment, I don't feel I will be able to handle what's coming, but I have prayed to God that he give me the strength to survive each day and to face those times and situations in my life that will be extremely painful. I have put my total faith in God, and He will take care of me. 

II. Analysis with Emphasis Added 



Whenleft myhome on Tuesday, October 25, Iwas veryemotionallydistraught. 


a.    It does not begin with the pronoun “I” indicting a psychological distancing, or lack of commitment to what follows. 
b.   When” begins with the element of time
c.    Focus questions upon what happened prior to leaving. 
d.   This opening sentence is very important, and may even be why she is now writing. 
e.    “emotion” was sensitive with “very”: emotionally distraught
f.     The subject’s emotions are a stated priority 

Q.  Who left the home on Tuesday?  
A.    She did.

Q. Who was with her?

A.  No one. Linguistically, in her verbalized perception of reality, the victims do not exist.

 Linguistic Disposition (LD) 

LD:  subject towards self:  Empathy noted


LD: towards victims:  They don’t exist:  Extreme Negative: This is beyond depersonalization. If the boys (victims) were in the car at this time, we have a denial of their very existence. Using "Intended Recipient", the author does not allow for the victims to exist to the recipient (police). 

The priority is self.  LD is positive towards self. This is unexpected in context.


didn'twant to live anymore!

a.    Sentence begins with the pronoun “I” 
b.   Past tense commitment 
c.    “!” is unnecessary emphasis  NTP?
d.   didn’t” : the Rule of Negative increases importance 
e.    Focus upon self 


Our subject is “alone” (6b) and her focus is singular: self.  Emotions. What she did not want to do.  No existence of the children (victims) in her verbalized perception of reality. 

Please note that the pace of the statement, in context of the boys’ death, appears to be slow.  This is consistent with a statement that did not begin with the pronoun “I” 

Q. The subject’s focus upon self, including what she did not want, leads us to ask, ‘Does our subject see herself as the victim in this case?’ 

A. (We allow the statement to answer) 

Q. Does the subject indicate entitlement?

A.  (We wait upon the statement to guide us) 

We wait to let the subject answer us in the statement. 

felt like things couldneverget any worse. 

Weak assertion; allowing for us (intended recipient/audience) and/or herself, to “feel” (felt, past tense) differently. 

didn'twant to live anymoreIfeltlike things could never get any worse.

Incongruent –she is talking the investigator/analyst/reader out of believing that she did not want to live. 
  

When Ileft home, I was going to ride around a little while and then go to my mom's. 

Q. What is the author’s linguistic disposition (LD) towards her sons?
A.  They do not exist. 


The “double left” indicates critical information deliberately withheld.

This should be understood in the Greater Context:  the victims do not exist. 

Q.  Did the author “ride around a little while”? 
A.  We do not yet know.  She only told us what she intended to do. 


AsI rode and rode and rode, I feltevenmore anxiety coming upon meaboutnot wanting to live. 

felt couldn'tbe a good mom anymorebut didn't want my children to grow up without a mom.

Here we have the “good mom” principle (or “good guy”) --the subject portrays herself as a "good mother" indicating to the contrary. 


Is this a faux moral justification?

but didn't want my children to grow up without a mom.

She chose what was “best for the children”? 

Rationalization
Projection
Minimization 

In domestic homicides we  look for justification of the crime in the language.  We always look for minimization and we  look for possible trigger.  

Person entered the statement here:  children” 
We now measure or observe the author’s linguistic disposition towards the children. 
a.    “children” is ISI
b.   “children” is “my”
c.    Gender neutral
d.   They do not have names
e.    They did not exist prior to this. 

Q. What brought the victims into existence?

A. Death 


Her suicidal ideation.  The children had to die so she could live. 

The children did not exist in her verbalized perception of reality, until she introduced death, or not wanting to live. 

Premeditation noted. 


Linguistic disposition towards children is positive. 

Q. When is it positive?
A.  In not allowing them to grow up without a mom. 

 I felt I had to endourlives to protect us all from any grief or harm. 

“I felt” –was our subject victimized in childhood?

Q. LD of author towards self?
A.  Positive, again 

I had never felt so lonely and so sad in my entire life.

Very positive LD of the author to self after committing murder 
“never” so lonely while removing 2 persons from her life. Inconsistent with confession, remorse, etc. 


 I was in love with someone very much, but he didn't love me and never would.

a.    “someone” enters the statement, of whom the author was in love;
b.   LD:  he “didn’t” love her, and “would never”  Negative LD 

The topic that caused the victims to come into existence is “death.”


 had a very difficult time accepting that

She has not addressed the deaths of the children. Did she not “accept” them? See embedded admission above. 



ButI had hurt himvery much and I could  see why he could never love me. 

ISI = bad relationship OR she does not want to use his name. 
Empathy shown towards this male, but not towards victims.
She “hurt him very much”; but what did she do to the victims??


WhenIwas @ John D. Long Lake,Ihad never felt so scared and unsure as I did then. 

a.    There is no children here in the statement. 
b.   She expresses empathy for self; not for victims. 

wanted to end my life so bad and was in my car ready to go down that ramp into the water and I did go part way, but I stopped. 

a.    Premeditation planning concealed, including “before” she “left”
b.    Pace very slow; weak commitment ** 
c.    Regarding suicide:  deception indicated 


She isn't saying she wanted to die. She wanted to end her life. In her mind, the life she had  died.

Combined with the heavy pronoun “I” and the word, “felt”, and the slowing down of the steps to get there, she is not committed to suicide. She wants her IR to believe such, but is not. 


I went again and stopped. I then got out of the car and stood by the car a nervous wreck. 


Why was I feeling this way? 

Note questions in open statement.  

Why was everything so bad in my life? 

Does our author consider herself a victim?

Thus far, she has indicated that “he” is a victim; but not the children. 

had no answers to these questions. 

I dropped to the lowest when allowed+my children to go down that ramp into the water without me. 

Control (“I”) and a “passivity” together : minimization 

Note the control, "I allowed" even within passive voice.  She is both in need of control, while rejecting responsibility for her action. 
Note the steps necessary:

first allowing, 
then the ramp
and then the water. 

With shorter ways of saying, "I sent them into the lake", she has chosen, again, "water" as her term. 

The odds of mother killing her own children and using such language are very high that she was sexually abused in childhood. 


I took off running and screaming, "Oh God! Oh God, no!” 

What have I done?   Why did you let this happen? 

I wanted to turn around so bad and go back,but I knew it was too late.

Persuasion and manipulation strong characteristics.  

 I was an absolute mental case!

couldn't believe what I had done.

 I love my children w/ all my (heart) That will never change.

This is a drawn heart.  Note clinical immaturity. 

 I have prayed to them for forgiveness and hope that they will find it in their (heart-icon) to forgive me.

Immaturity -clinical or lack of appropriate development 
We've seen this in Employment Analysis from those with depression and/or difficulty getting along with others.  

 I never meant to hurt them!!

 The passivity is used to keep personal responsibility psychologically away from her: 

 I am sorryfor what has happenedand I know that need some help.

Not what the boys needed, nor how they suffered, but sole focus upon self.  Narcissistic -- sociopathic like 

 don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself for what I have done.

 Rule of Negative elevating importance (sensitivity)

 My children, Michael and Alex, are with our Heavenly Father now, and I know that they will never be hurt again. As a mom, that means more than words could ever say. 

The children are now named, with the possessive pronoun and their title. 

CSI:  good relationship 

They did not exist at first, but came into existence when the author introduced her own desire for not living, but now they have a very good relationship with her. 

Why?

What has changed?

We let the subject herself, tell her why she now views favorably those she denied existed, then depersonalized but now has a 180 degree change 

Question:  Contextually, when does the author have a good relationship with her children? 

Answer:  When they are with “our” Heavenly Father: when they are no longer with her, subject to her. 

She has a "great relationship" (linguistically) and loves them now that they are dead. 

Void of human empathy sans self. 

Suicide not indicated. 

Question:  What was the linguistic disposition of the author to the children after the event?

Answer:  positive.  Before they were dead, they did not exist. To the lake, they were de-personalized.  Now that they are in the water, dead, and no longer alive, she has life and she views them positively.  
I knew from day one, the truth would prevail, but I was so scared I didn't know what to do. It was very tough emotionally to sit and watch my family hurt like they did.

Narcissistic- the impact upon self is the emphasis -dominant personality trait

Many guilty subjects reference "truth" in passive voice. 

Control:  she “let” it happen

 It was time to bring a peace of mind to everyone, including myself

My children deserve to have the best and now they will.

Justification

Fulfillment of plan? (premeditation)


 I broke down on Thursday, November 3 and told Sheriff Howard Wells the truth.

 It wasn't easy, but after the truth was out, I felt like the world was lifted off myshoulders. I know now that it is going to be a tough and long road ahead of me. At this very moment, I don't feelI will be able to handle what's coming,butI have prayed to God that he give methe strength to survive each dayand to face those times and situations in my life that will be extremely painful. have put my total faith in God, and He will take care of me. 


There is no linguistic empathy for the victims 

Analysis Conclusion:

Deception Indicated in her confession. 

a. She withheld information about what happened prior to the murder. 
b. She is indicated for premeditated murder
c. She is deceptive about suicidal ideation 
d. Clinically immaturity 
e. Narcissistic
f.  Basic Human Empathy lacking
g.  Childhood trauma and Sexual Abuse indicated 
h. Desperate need for protection and acceptance
i. Sexualization: will use sex to obtain acceptance and protection; including same sex, though not her norm. As natural aesthetics dissipate, personal dissatisfaction to increase. 
j. Manipulative; superficial, which will appear "flighty" or "flakey" to those close to her.  
k. Deception type: "Survivor Liar" or one who employs it regularly to survive, even in places where no one else perceives threat. Deception learned very early in life. 
l. Children may have been driven round and round to put them to sleep.  Cough syrup, Benadryl, etc may have been regularly used. 

Significant childhood trauma leads some to have very strong human empathy while others react to the contrary and become indifferent to human suffering. She is the latter. 

She is likely to confess to anything, even while she protects her image, to obtain attention. 










14 comments:

Tania Cadogan said...

I dropped to the lowest when I allowed +my children to go down that ramp into the water without me.
She doesn't tell us she killed them, she is passive.
She allowed it to happen rather than did it.
it is almost as if she had no control over what happened, it was preordained.
There was nothing she could do to stop it.

"Oh God! Oh God, no!” What have I done? Why did you let this happen?
To whom does she refer?
Who does she ask relating to letting it happen?
Does she blame god?
Earlier she tells us she allowed her children to go down that ramp.
She let it happen.
Now she is asking "Why did you let this happen?
Is she asking this of herself now that she is facing the consequences of her actions?
She not only lost her two sons, she has lost her husband and family and also the man she loved.
She lost everything and gained nothing.
Buyers remorse?
if she knew then what she knew now, would she have done things differently?

I wanted to turn around so bad and go back, but I knew it was too late.
Why was it too late?
How did she know it was too late?
The car took several minutes to sink as was shown when the police did a reconstruction.
There was nothing stopping her diving into the water and trying to rescue her sons, even if unsuccessful, she would have tried.
Maternal instinct would have been her drive, her motive.
What was she doing in between watching the car enter the water and then wanting to turn around and go back?

I was an absolute mental case!
Is this her offerering her defense?

I never meant to hurt them!!
What did she mean to do then when she strapped them into her car and let it roll into the lake drowning them?
Hurt is not the same as kill.
Hurt is to minimize.
She doesn't tell us she didn't mean to kill them.
Did she have visions of drowning being painless?

I am sorry for what has happened and I know that I need some help.
What part of what happened is she sorry about?
Killing her children?
Getting caught?
Her lover refusing to be with her?
Note she needs some help not that she needs help.
She minimizes the help that she knows she needs,
Again her concern is only herself, minimizing her role, the need for help, her punishment.
God will forgive her, her sons will forgive her, it is almost as though she paints herself as a saint, a victim at the hands of others suffering for her faith.
It is everyone elses fault not hers.

sonjay said...

Her statement is 1,184 words. 843 words are before the car going into the water. 321 words are after. She devotes only 20 words to describing the event itself. Less than 2 percent of her statement is devoted to the killing itself. (And that only in the vaguest of terms: "I dropped to the lowest when I allowed +my children to go down that ramp into the water without me")

I don't remember what the proportion is supposed to be, but I'm sure the part dealing with the event itself is expected to be much greater than 1.6%.

Notabot said...

Susan Smith is a sad case. A child molested by her stepfather, with her mother’s knowledge, I believe. She was a very young mother. No tools to deal
I’m not a liberal, but I have a lot of compassion for her, even though she did the unthinkable. She also lied and said she was car jacked by a black man.

I wonder how her mental health is today?

John Mc Gowan said...

Sonjay said..


I don't remember what the proportion is supposed to be, but I'm sure the part dealing with the event itself is expected to be much greater than 1.6%.

Hi

A reliable statement has a basic form that follows the psychology of truthful accounts: 25% introduction, 50% of the event described, and 25% of the words dedicated to following the event. This is from decades of research. The research has found that most wording of reliable statements is the priority: what happened.

Truthful accounts speak predominantly about what happened, or the "main text" of the account. This makes psychological sense: It is the most important part of the account.

The percentage of 25/50/25 is to test form, and anything close to this is accepted. When a statement tests reliable on its form, it does not mean it does not contain deception.

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2015/10/how-i-was-raped-by-viviana-i-maymi.html

Anonymous said...

https://www.weareiowa.com/news/local-news/neighbor-offers-new-testimony-about-the-night-mollie-tibbetts-disappeared/1329569494

Mollie Tibbetts disappearance..


BROOKLYN - Police say it's been nearly ten days since Mollie Tibbetts disappeared from Brooklyn, Iowa. Investigators believe they're starting to clarify the timeline. They say even the smallest detail could make a major difference in their search for her.

"There could be more people out here that saw her and they just don't realize it until we sit down and talk with them about it," said Richard Rahn, a secret agent for Iowa DCI.

Roger Thompson is one of those people investigators have been waiting to hear from.

"My window's right there, facing the sidewalk and my tv's right there, so I'm sitting there and looking out the window and that's why I noticed her," said Thompson.

Thompson believes he saw Mollie that Wednesday night, and at first, he didn't think much of it.

"This girl that was out walking by had the black shorts and a sports bra and tennis shoes and she had a telephone," he said. "I'm almost positive."

But now, as investigators to continue to comb the county near and far, he's growing more confident it was her.
"She was just walking nonchalantly like nothing was bothering her, like nothing in the world," said Thompson.

Authorities have conducted hundreds of interviews and continue to search around town.

"We have committed a lot of man power and effort in trying to locate her and hopefully we'll have some success with that," explained Rahn.

"I don't know which way she went after she either had to go north or south, because she didn't come back the same direction," said Thompson.

And both police and Thompson are holding out hope that she can be found.

"We're hoping that she's alive and still have hopes for that, and we're still trying to do everything we can to try to locate her," said Rahn.

Authorities wouldn't say the exact plans for the search to continue on Saturday, but they'll continue to follow any leads they get to help them find Tibbetts,

Habundia said...

I see my question if someone would be willing to look into the 911 call about a missing person has been deleted, I wonder why that has been done.
I wasnt aware I didn't meet the rules for posting and this was not aloud to do so.



Tania Cadogan said...

Hi Habundia, I see your post (HabundiaJuly 28, 2018 at 9:33 AM) about Steve avery above your post about someone looking into the 911 call being deleted. Is there another post you are referring to?

Poundpuppy said...

“,but I didn’t want my children to grow up . . .” Seems like an imbedded admission of not wanting her kids.

Habundia said...

@tania cadogan. Yes I refer to another post I made. In that post I had added the links to the transcript of the call and the call itself. It probably got deleted because I also responded on the Anonymous poster, those post have disappeared too, of that Anonymous poster.
(strange the time stamp you refer to I don't see that post anymore, but you do?)
I'll give the links again (just in case):

Transcript: https://pastebin.com/raw/s8a34V2y
Call: https://clyp.it/xnqkau5e

The call is of a mother who calls in her missing daughter who hasn't been seen by anyone for 3 days (at the time of the call)

To me the call has red flags all over, starting with the friendly greeting 'Hi. I'd like to report a missing person."
There is no urgency, no worry, no panic.
She calls her 'our' daugther when she does refer to who's missing. It takes for the operator to ask her name before she gives it.
These are just a couple I see.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to look at it.

John Mc Gowan said...

Hi Habundia



Karen Halbach Call to Report Teresa Halbach Missing (November 3, 2005)



DISPATCH: Calumet County Sheriff's Department?

KAREN: Hi. I'd like to report a missing person.

DISPATCH: Okay. And how long have they been missing?

KAREN: Um, nobody has heard from her since Monday.

DISPATCH: Okay. Hang on one second please here. And where does the person live?

KAREN: Um, she's our daughter. She lives right next door to us. It's [REDACTED], Hilbert.

DISPATCH: That's her address?

KAREN: Right.

DISPATCH: [CONFIRMS ADDRESS]. And her name?

KAREN: Teresa Halbach.

DISPATCH: Okay. And your name?

KAREN: Karen Halbach.

Dispatcher: Erin?

KAREN: Karen.

DISPATCH: Teryn? T-E-R

Karen K-A-R.

DISPATCH: K--Oh, Karen. I'm sorry.

KAREN: That's alright.

DISPATCH: Okay. And what relationship is she to you?

KAREN: My daughter.

DISPATCH: Okay. And how old?

KAREN: She's 25.

DISPATCH: Okay. Do you know where she was last seen?

KAREN: Um, she works for Auto Trader. They had gotten a fax from her from--on Monday, at 10:31. They had faxed her today but they don't know if she got it or not. They haven't heard from her. And we haven't talked to her since Sunday. She was over here.

DISPATCH: Okay. She works for Auto Trader.

KAREN: And she also works for, for herself. She's self-employed.

DISPATCH: Is she married or anything?

KAREN: No.

DISPATCH: Just lives alone?

KAREN: No, she has a roommate. He hasn't heard from her, heard from her since Monday either.

DISPATCH: Hmm. His name?

KAREN: Scott Bloedern.

DISPATCH: Do you know how to spell that?

KAREN: B-L-O-E-D-O-R-N.

DISPATCH: Okay. What is Teresa's middle name?

KAREN: Marie.

DISPATCH: And her date of birth?

KAREN: Um, 3-22-80.

DISPATCH: Okay. Your address?

KAREN: [REDACTED], Hilbert

DISPATCH: And you said [REDACTED].

KAREN: Right.

Dispatch [CONFIRMS ADDRESS]. And your phone number?

KAREN: [REDACTED].

DISPATCH: [CONFIRMS PHONE NUMBER].

KAREN: Right.

DISPATCH: Okay. Do you know what--you said Auto Trader got a fax from her at 10:35, 10:31 a.m.?

KAREN: Right. I think. It could've been p.m. They didn't say. I had called Auto Trader too. Uh, I think it was Monday morning.

DISPATCH: Have you talked to Scott.

tggen: Uh, my husband did. He said he hasn't seen her since Monday. He was getting worried too.

DISPATCH: Where would of been the last place that we would've seen her on Monday?

KAREN: At home, I guess. He saw her at home.

DISPATCH: Does he have any idea--remember what she was wearing?

KAREN: Uh, he didn't ask for that.

DISPATCH: Okay. What's Scott's phone number?

KAREN: He's at work. But, I can give you the home phone it's [REDACTED].

DISPATCH: [CONFIRMS PHONE NUMBER].

KAREN: Right.

DISPATCH: And he does live at [REDACTED]?

KAREN: Right. And he works for Jack Diedrich Construction.

DISPATCH: Jack Diedrich?

KAREN: Right.

John Mc Gowan said...

Cont..

[NOTE: The following question and answer may be out of place, since the original clips were received in short unordered snippets.]

DISPATCH: Okay. Does she have any medical conditions or anything of--anybody have any idea why she may not have returned home? Did they have an argument or anything?

KAREN: Uh, we don't know. I don't--she doesn't have any medical conditions that we know of.

DISPATCH: When does he get home from work?

KAREN: Um, [asking away from phone, likely to husband] did he say when he [gets] home from work?

[NOTE: The provided audio segment of the call cuts.]

DISPATCH: Okay. They'll wanna go over and talk to him and see once--you know, if they had an argument or anything that she maybe took off because she wanted to?

KAREN: Uh, they're not boyfriend-girlfriend or anything.

DISPATCH: Oh, they're not?

KAREN: No, they're not.

DISPATCH: Okay. And the last she was seen was at home. Do you know what she drives?

KAREN: She drives a RAV4, Toyota. It's a dark green color, kind of.

DISPATCH: Did you say red or dark green?

KAREN: Dark green.

DISPATCH: Ford Toyota?

KAREN: Uh, it's a RAV4.

DISPATCH: Oh, RAV. I thought you said red.

KAREN: Yeah.

DISPATCH: Okay. Dark green RAV. Never heard of that.

KAREN: Uh-huh.

DISPATCH: RAV. Hmm. Ford Toyota. Dark green. Do you have any idea what the plate number might be?

KAREN: No.

DISPATCH: Nah, I didn't think so. Okay. It would be--do you know if it's listed to her? Or if there's any--

KAREN: It is.

DISPATCH: It is. Okay. Does she have any tattoos or anything?

KAREN: No, not that I know of.

DISPATCH: Okay. Um, we'll have to have somebody come over, see once what we can do.

KAREN: Sure.

DISPATCH: Um, get as much information for us as you can. Do you know about any piercings? Ears pierced or anything like that?

KAREN: Um, I think her belly button is pierced. And her ears are pierced.

DISPATCH: Okay. Pierced belly button and ears. Okay. Well, our officers are all out at an accident right now.

KAREN: Yeah.

DISPATCH: I will have--are you going to be home all night?

KAREN: Yes.

DISPATCH: I will have somebody stop on over to see if we can get a little more information.

KAREN: Okay.

DISPATCH: Um. Do you know her blood type?

KAREN: No.

DISPATCH: Okay. Um, see once what we can do, and get an officer over by you.

KAREN: Okay.

DISPATCH: Alright?

KAREN: Thanks.

DISPATCH: Sure. Goodbye.

KAREN: Bye.

Anonymous said...

I missed choosing the word water as possible abuse. However the two lines;

"I dropped to the lowest..." -what is she comparing lowest to here? What is low?
And;
"Sit and watch my family hurt like they did" -she sits and watches while her family is hurt.

Led me to expect the analysis to talk about possible neglect. Is this a fair suggestion?

rob said...

I live in Union county SC. I remember the day this happened. First thing my husband said was that she killed the children. I said, no it's a custody dispute, she has hidden them. Turns out my husband was right. She killed the children to be with a rich man, that didn't want her, with or without the children. That man and his family soon left Union, closed their plant, sold the land to Walmart, along with their home and everything else they had there and never looked back.
Her stepfather was a good looking man that liked young women. After her mother divorced him, he moved on to at least one other young lady (maybe 19 or 20) that he fathered a child with, who then split up with him, and went back to her former boyfriend.
Susan used to write letters to people that she went to school with, but had never been friends with, to try to strike up friendships. From what I know, she didn't get much response.
I still see the childrens' father occaisionally, and he has the saddest eyes I have ever seen. I don't think he will ever fully recover. He has remarried and has 2 children, girls, I think.
This is all the small town gossip I know.

habundia said...

Yes John, this is the call. What did it tell you?