Saturday, July 5, 2014

Arrest in O'Brien Case

One man is in custody in relation to the case of missing 5 year old Nathan O'Brien, though police are currently close lipped on detail, only to say it is in relation to the truck they sought.

updating...

15 comments:

Nic said...

I hope this is the break we've been waiting for and that the outcome is a good one.

Anonymous said...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-amber-alert-police-question-person-of-interest-1.2697512

Anonymous said...

Not an arrest-he was taken in for questioning only.

Super20 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Super21 said...

:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Saint Theresa said...

Some anons are serious but most are just trolls

Peter Hyatt said...

Correct, Saint T.

The poster should also realize that it takes time to delete the nasty comments. Some are eventually spammed out successfully.

It's comical to see the volume in the Spam folder...makes me wonder about how long it takes until someone realizes that her comments are not making it through!

Others will be discouraged if the comments are ignored.

Copy/pasting them, or responding to them even in the vein of "this used to be a great blog but these comments" actually encourages the trolling.

These comments also get deleted.

Eventually, what is left is interesting dialog, polite disagreements, question and answer, as links to new stories to cover.

The comments section is the first place I look for news updates.

Peter

Anonymous said...

The man has been released as of 17 minutes ago.

Anonymous said...

Point of clarification: police can take someone into custody for 48 hours without laying charges. This appears to be the case. This could mean that the man was released because the police do not have enough evidence to lay charges. It could mean that he is nothing more than a person of interest. He may never be a suspect, or may not be a suspect yet.

Anonymous said...

Here is one link between the Liknes family. This is the Liknes family in questin and an O'Brien, although it could be any O'Brien:

http://www.consortenterprise.com/Obituaries/Obituaries-2001.html

Consort is in the Special Areas. That Outdoorsmen Forum member who said he saw a man driving a green truck like the one in the Liknes case may have been right.

Consort also has other families of Norwegian descent.

Anonymous said...

It could be that whoever took the Liknes family brought along a change of clothes, having planned the act in advance.

Anonymous said...

We have heard nothing from the parents of the POI. I think they may be cooperating fully with the police, in allowing the search to take place in their home and on their property. One of the neighbors interviewed did say that they had been concerned about their son in the past. No search warrant would be required if the parents willingly allowed the search and cooperated with investigators. There has been no indication that a search warrant was served.

One curious thing that I read was that the parents of the POI were rumored to be away camping somewhere. If that is true, did the POI have any favorite camping areas? It is very important to determine where he went leading up to the disappearance, as well as where he went once the Likneses and Nathan O'Brien disappeared.

Perhaps the parents went away somewhere after the police arrived to search the property on the Friday night. They no doubt do not want to be the focus of media attention.

Anonymous said...

There is also a possibility that the parents might have called police about the green truck parked on their property.