Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bangor Daily News on Nichole Cable

Bangor Daily News is not known for investigative journalism, balance, fairness, nor even truth.  Here, they continue to reference the sexual homicide of Nichole Cable as the phony story of a "kidnapping gone wrong" as peddled.

Untrained journalists and far left slants = Bangor Daily News.

An "abduction gone wrong" is the story the killer's family wanted sold.  Bangor Daily News continues to reference it as such.

Its journalists ask no tough questions, do not report quotes, and will only print what is given a stamp of approval from Maine State Police.  When Florida journalists came to Maine, they received quite a culture shock.

New York journalists----take a peek at what they've done with disgraced former Representative Anthony Wiener, while he campaigns for office...again, to get an idea of what questions should be posed to someone in the news.

Kathi Belich, WFTV, news reporter who covered the Casey Anthony case, should visit Maine for a while and ask some questions about Baby Ayla....
perhaps we'd have some answers.


Orono man accused of murder in death of 15-year-old a ‘person of interest’ in January burglary

Kyle Dube, 20, at the Penobscot Judicial Center Wednesday morning. Dube pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and murder in the death of Nichole Cable.
Gabor Degre | BDN
Kyle Dube, 20, at the Penobscot Judicial Center Wednesday morning. Dube pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and murder in the death of Nichole Cable.
ORONO, Maine — The 20-year-old Orono man accused ofkilling 15-year-old Nichole Cable is considered a “person of interest” in a Kenduskeag burglary, according to police.
On Friday morning, the Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office — with the assistance of the Maine State Police and the Orono Police Department — executed a search warrant for stolen property at the home of Kyle Dube, Detective Robert Jordan of the sheriff’s department said.
Jordan declined to say what police were looking for and whether any stolen items were recovered. He said the burglary happened on Jan. 8 at a residence in the Mudgett Road area.
“It is not related” to the ongoing investigation into the death of Nichole Cable, he said.
Dube is accused of luring Cable out of her mother’s home on May 12 by using someone else’s identity on Facebook, thenkilling her in an abduction gone wrong.
Cable had been missing for just over a week when her remains were found on May 20 in the woods near the Stillwater River in Old Town. The state medical examiner’s office determined earlier this month that Cable died of “ asphyxia due to compression of the neck.”
Dube was in Penobscot County Jail at the time of his arrest for murder. He reported to jail on May 17 to serve a 90-day sentence for charges stemming from a high-speed motorcycle chase last year that ended when he crashed into a police cruiser.
Dube, who is charged with kidnapping in addition to murder in connection with the death of Cable, currently is being held without bail.
If convicted of the charges he faces in Cable’s death, Dube faces between 25 years and life in prison. Dube has not been charged in connection with the burglary, Jordan said.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Bath-babys-death-being-investigated.html

Another sad Maine story from another sad Maine rag.

Sus said...

I'm still taken aback that Dube had a fake profile trying to lure young girls, tried to elude police on a mc, and now may have committed burglary thus had stolen goods...AND NO ONE THOUGHT IT A BAD IDEA THAT HE WORKED WITH HANDICAPPED PEOPLE.

JerseyJane said...

What abduction ???? It's his words, his story. Why is the newspaper lightening the load and pussy-footing around? Is the public somehow suppose to coddle him to?? Hello???? Maine has murderers too!
Is it because of the black cap? Maybe that was part of his burglary gear and got chucked with the 15 year old. And just became a convenient storyline for the accused murderer. And the newspaper runs with that, how insane!!!
Thanks alot, newspaper. Maybe if he abducted her correctly, he wouldnt have murdered her. THAT'S what you're saying.......Say what???

The people need to start calling out this idiotic form of reporting...

SALurkerOne said...

I personally don't think it's just the BDN but MOST of the "media" in Maine. Most are terrible! I do not see anyone in the MSM here in Maine asking any tough questions.

It's pretty sad when the people gossiping at a local country store are more accurate in their "reporting" than a local newspaper read by thousands.

REK said...

It's making me wonder..when he say's he wanted to be the hero and "find her" if in the back of his mind he was planning on finding a "deceased" nicole, and not a live one.
his story about a kidnapping gone wrong is illogical.. i'm wondering if he still had that hero mentality though still part of his plan...then he could be the "hero" (sick) for finding nicole after they couldnt' find her for so long..then maybe they would be more lenient on him in the courts for his previous wrong doings or to for whatever selfish gratification we could conjure up.

Anonymous said...

How is this reporting any different than that done out of Putnum County, Fl when Haleigh Cummings was reported missing?

Tell me, which media reported and stood behind their reporting, that Haleigh was first reported missing to the PCSO at 2:13 a.m. that morning via a private phone call made by a secret person from Ronald Cummings MH land line to a secret/buddy official at the SO; and NOT at 3:27 a.m. as the media alluded too, ran with, and STILL do to this day? Where's the truth?

Isn't it being ignored even now, that Officer Bridgett Dixon WENT to Ron's MH to investigate Haleigh missing at 2:13 a.m. and that PCSO officials KNEW that Mistys' stories were lies that were hoaxed up, and that the call at 3:27 a.m. and Mistys' lies was just as they had been hatched out between the private parties?

Did anyone care to report the truth? Did Nancy Disgrace ever correct her flapping mouth and report the TRUTH concerning the original report of Haleigh missing at 2:13 a.m? No. No one did. Even now, not a one of the so-called truth purveyors even mention the call made at 2:13 a.m., that was NOT made by Misty Croslin; who happened to be out in the yard sobbing hysterically at the time.

Wouldn't you think someone would care about getting to the truth as told later by Sgt (now Capt) Greenwood of the PCSO, that Haleigh was first reported missing at 2:13 a.m. that morning and NOT by Misty? Well. I'm here to tell you that they don't care. People just love to go on believing a lie and ignoring the truth as long as someone gets to pay for it, that being the one they WANT paying for it, and not necessarily the one who DID it, as long as it doesn't rattle their chain or they have to admit they were in error. Observer

Anonymous said...

Please help find Ayla
anon 8:13 how sad for these little murdered children...
Do you have a link/

Anonymous said...

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-09-24/story/jailhouse_letter_says_woman_asked_by_cops_about_possible_haleigh_c
Misty Cummings’ attorney reiterated Thursday that his client was home the day Haleigh disappeared.
“Misty was not at a party,” Robert Fields said. “Misty was there that night at the house. There’s not going to be anything pointing to her at all.”
Ryan said releasing the letter to the media was wrong.
“We’ve been responding to drama and rumor control,” he said. “I think it was irresponsible. They basically killed this child off on national television.”

Anonymous said...


Wouldn't you think someone would care about getting to the truth as told later by Sgt (now Capt) Greenwood of the PCSO, that Haleigh was first reported missing at 2:13 a.m. that morning and NOT by Misty? Well. I'm here to tell you that they don't care. People just love to go on believing a lie and ignoring the truth as long as someone gets to pay for it, that being the one they WANT paying for it, and not necessarily the one who DID it, as long as it doesn't rattle their chain or they have to admit they were in error. Observer
June 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM
----------------------------------

Who made the original call at 2:13 a.m.?

I never heard about Misty being out in the yard sobbing? Wouldn't they have risked someone seeing her?

Anonymous said...

Where did this information about another call come from.

I a very curious about that.

And I agree about the media, they are selective with what and how they say everything.

Nancy Grace comes close at times but yet often I feel spends more time repeating the same 2 minutes of information over and over rather than always digging deeper.

Shelley

rob said...

The parents and family members need to push for more reporting on this death. Call Dateline, 48 hours, out-of-town media. I would not sit back and let this stupid story be told while my child is dead.
If all else fails, call Nancy Grace. Any reporting is better than the story being given.

Light The Way said...

Given the disturbing number and range of crimes this Dube character is linked to---in just 12 months time---at the tender age of 20yrs...

I cannot even imagine the what else lurks in his sealed "juvie" files.

I agree with Sus:
It is disgraceful this guy was given a greenlight to work with disabled/vulnerable adults!!

I hope there is a parallel investigation ongoing into his work with these folks... there could be many assault/abuse victims of Dube that have not been identified.
Shocking.

Emerald Viridis said...

Yes, I remember reading that Dube threw some of Nicole's clothing out of the vehicle while driving, after dumping poor Nicole's body in the woods...

At what point during the "attempted abduction" did he remove her clothing? Why was the clothing not left with Nicole?

This singular event screams sexual assault and homicide resulting from the assault, not an attempted abduction gone wrong...

In Dube's account, he grabs her and then restrains her with duct tape, and puts her in the truck bed, and LEAVES(the word leaves in his account, to me, signals something important, like her murder, and also indicates Dube has excluded info about her death--a big gap here = a huge red flag, later finding her dead in the truck when he stops...he never said he removed any clothing or that any was removed in the struggle, and this is the shameful and damning information he wants to hide from his family, the cops, and the public, that his MO was sexual from the beginning, and he is a predator...

I sure hope the prosecution will show this to the jury, and hold Dube accountable for his real crimes, not the ones HE claims to be guilty of...