Monday, December 28, 2015

Making A Murderer

I urge anyone interested in Statement Analysis to watch this documentary and see deception after deception before their eyes, and come face to face with the brutal fight of:

Emotion versus Analysis. 

There are so many statements for analysis presented that the truth is able to be seen, in spite of the propaganda like editing, including music, and presentation of sides.  

This may be a marvelous tool for learning.  

A man is wrongfully convicted of rape and spends 18 years in prison and is released, sues police for millions and is suddenly arrested for murder. 

Police are deceptive on the stand. 
Police are portrayed as planting evidence against him. 
Music is skillfully employed to manipulate our emotions.  

His statements show the truth.  

As you watch the lengthy documentary, the single most important element is the language. 

The analysis is a 'spoiler' but it is something you can refer back to, and with the transcripts available, specific analysis can be done, as well as question and answer. 

You have both the prosecutor's "water" statements, and you have Steven Avery's closing statement HERE

As the public signs petitions to free Avery, see if you can discern your own emotions as they progress through statements.

Note, for example, the words Avery used to describe the killing of a cat.
Note the words Avery wrote in threatening to kill.
Note the killing of the cat and the association of fire.
Consider why police would suspect him of rape. 

Consider these things in spite of deception of the accusers.   

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Sorry for an off topic post, but I was curious to see this statement analyzed. It bears mentioning that this statement occurred around 20 years after the alleged incident.

Then he tries to kiss me again. And the second time he tries to kiss me he starts biting my lip. … He starts to, um, bite on my top lip and I tried to pull away from him. And then he forces me down on the bed. And I just was very frightened, and I tried to get away from him and I told him “No,” that I didn’t want this to happen, but he wouldn’t listen to me. … It was a real panicky, panicky situation. I was even to the point where I was getting very noisy, you know, yelling to “Please stop.” And that’s when he pressed down on my right shoulder and he would bite my lip. … When everything was over with, he got up and straightened himself, and I was crying at the moment, and he walks to the door and calmly puts on his sunglasses. And before he goes out the door he says, “You better get some ice on that.” And he turned and went out the door.

rjb said...

Thank you for covering this documentary. I am learning so much about SA though these posts!

Bobcat said...

Brenda - the statement has already been analyzed here:
http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2015/11/juanita-broderick-rape-allegation.html

Brenda said...

Thank you Bobcat. Apologies for not locating it myself.

Sus said...

http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewforum.php?f=524

Just thought I would put these up again. Here are the transcripts for those who do not have Net Flix. I'm reading through them a second time before commenting too much. Agreed, Peter. The show is great practice in SA.

Sus said...

http://www.convolutedbrian.com/dassey_confessions_links.html

While I'm at it, here are tapes and transcripts of all Brendan Dassey's police interviews.

Much was made of how unfair these interviews were, but I can certainly see why LE kept going back to Brendan. In each interview he knew too much...on his own.

Yes, the interview technique is bad, especially at the end. But there are some nuggets of truth in Brendan's language. I want to go over these and the "Making of a Murderer" again, but at this point, I believe Brendan was involved in at least the cover up. Probably rape.

Frankly, I'm wondering about a couple other Averys like Bobby and Chuck, too.

Anonymous said...

What's bothering me is the timing of the phone calls to Teresa Halbach from SA.

Anomaly said...

I just renewed my Netflix membership and have started watching the series. I had never heard of this case before. I look forward to reading your analysis. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

@peter

I remain troubled by TH's brother's statement about grieving "for a few days" before her body had even been found. He and the embody friend felt very odd yo me in their statements.

Canada

Anonymous said...

From what I have read of the transcripts, they fed Brendan Dassey the info every time.

Anonymous said...

http://www.people.com/article/steven-avery-prosecutor-ken-kratz-says-netflix-series-forgot-key-evidence

Scary dates! Must be junkyard code.

Anonymous said...

Peter, this is the best analysis I have read. I came to same conclusion very early on this was a creepy doc with very manipulative music. I do agree with you, if people heard this with out the silly music and all sides the masses would have a different feeling about Mr Steve Avery. Initially, I thought it was a frame job because the city did not have the 36 million but S.A. basically admittted to it so the masses fall for unethical docementaries and I think I have bridge I want to sell them. Great work. Thank you so much.