Saturday, February 20, 2016

Jennifer Hicks Update

An arrest warrant for theft has been issued for missing 31 year old Jennifer Hicks.  The sheriff said there is no evidence of an abduction.  

Her ex husband described her very positively regarding one who would not leave her child; but also:

a.  referenced her in the past tense indicating belief or knowledge of death;
b.  searched for her aerial which would not be consistent with fugitive. 

This conflicting view is incomplete; only incomplete for us, until we understand what happened. 

He referenced her in the past tense several times and searched in a manner that would be consistent with death; not someone running from justice.  He reported that she was not the type of mother who might abandon her child.  

Question:  did he have knowledge of a nefarious association of hers in which he believed she put herself in danger, possibly with a criminal element?  Is this what caused him to consider that she could be involved with those who's end could be death?

We do not know but await answers.   Note the language of her own mother, regarding the fear the child has, below.  

Jennifer Hicks' mom speaks out about her disappearance

A message to Jennifer Hicks: "I love her," says Shawn Love, Jennifer's mother. "She's not alone, and we are all here for her. Please come back to us."

It's been nine days since Hicks went missing, and her mother is desperate for answers.

"Right now, we are at a standstill," says Love. "It's very hard to get up and get dressed. And when you do it's like, I know I should be doing something, but I don't know what."

It's hard on the family, especially for Hicks' 8-year-old daughter. To protect her identity, we are not sharing her name.

"She's very scared," says Love. "She's very worried that something has happened to her mom and that her mommy might not come back."

The family says social media has been a huge help in getting the word out about her disappearance, but it's also been a curse because of all the rumors.

"Negative comments, that type of thing is not helpful at all," says Love.
It's like pouring salt on an open wound.

When asked if she had scary thoughts running through her mind about what could have happened to her daughter, Love says, "How could there not be? There's a few different scenarios, and I'm realistic enough to play each one of those out completely in my mind."

Investigators say the evidence shows Hicks was not kidnapped.

"The sheriff said there was not an abductor in all likelihood," says Ned Cooney, Hicks' uncle. "Just the timing of it and everything else, that it was her leaving."
"I would just like her to come home, and let's take care of this together," says Love.
Right now, there is a warrant out for Hicks on a theft charge involving more than $10,000. Her family says it's kind of a blessing in disguise, because if she is found, they will have to bring her back home to Calloway County.


VLW said...

I'm still leaning toward this being a possible suicide. Her sudden departure from work to "check on" her daughter, shortly before an arrest warrant is issued for her for some probable theft at work, make me think she panicked and ended her life. I think the police may have given the husband some idea this was a possibility and that's why he's used the past tense in speaking of her. Another possible scenario is that, in her panic, she drove recklessly and had some sort of accident where her car ended up hidden from view--a ravine, a body of water...
I could be full of it, but that's my two cents' worth.

Anonymous said...

Who knows what happened. Wait until they find her.

I know someone who'd receive threats and was mailed newspaper clippings suggesting they withdraw from their credit union and invest with the firm in the paper. Only initials were used on a post it note to infer the person receiving the news clipping knew the person sending it. (May 6, 2006 may have been the date, I really don't know).

Often the foilers use the duplication process for banking as well as auto licenses. Some even work closely with a lawyer.

Of course it's not as cut and dry as walking up with a fake bomb and then trying to pass it off on others then sending a repoed item to a relative after driving so far to threaten another relative.

Oh, well....such is life.

Anonymous said...


Would a mother of a young girl commit suicide?
-Since the father used past tense on her behalf.
Referencing their daughter as "Mini-Me", i.e. narcisstic view on top of "Play with" my daughter, I dont think the mother would have left her daughter ALONE with such a person, dad or otherwise. It is unexpected for a mother to do that, no matter how much trouble she is in. The more expected, in my mind, would be to run away with the child.

The helicopter "search" reminds me of DeOrr's dad having fun with high-tech search stuff, something HE is interesting in doing, more than doing something to really find her.

Bobcat said...

Do the father and local LE go way back together? He seems like he's stayed local his whole life.

Lis said...

The ex looking for her car in the countryside from a plane... says to me he thinks she may have driven to a secluded place and committed suicide.

Bad Juju said...

VLW, I am also leaning toward suicide but agree that an accident is possible. I think the best anyone can hope for at this point is that she has run off and is hiding, but it's difficult to be optimistic after following so many similar cases of missing adults who were found dead from suicide.

I wonder if family has shared with LE that she's shown symptoms of depression or other mental issues in the past.

Anon @ 9:26, mothers/fathers of young children do commit suicide. Sadly, it happens all the time. When family starts asking for privacy shortly after an adult goes missing, it's often a sign they suspect their loved one may have committed suicide (and they're often correct).

Running away with her child would not be easy. An adult has the right to run off if that's what they want to do, and LE will back off when they believe that's the case. Running off with a child ... particularly when there is another parent with rights to that child ... is an entirely different ballgame.

I'm not sure why you refer to dad as "such a person." Is there some indication he's a terrible guy? It's a bit of a stretch, imo, to assume he's a murderer because he calls his daughter "Mini-Me" and talks about playing with her. His daughter is upset and frightened, and I would expect a loving dad to try to keep her happy and distracted. Having to stop every five minutes to answer a call, walk out of the room and whisper about what may have happened to mommy would make that difficult.

Dad Deorr did indeed ramble on and on about high-tech search equipment while heaping praise on the searchers, but I don't hear Jennifer's ex talking about searching from the air like it's fun and games. He seems very matter-of-fact about it, so I don't see the connection.

His statements in this article -- -- give me the impression that no matter how he feels about their failed marriage or current relationship, Jennifer needs to be found for their daughter's sake.

I don't find his use of "we" instead of "I" particularly troublesome, because this is not as personal for him as it would be if they were still married. I think "we" refers to his daughter and the rest of the family, including his former in-laws.

And while he did make disparaging comments about her on Facebook years ago (perhaps during the divorce or shortly after when emotions were still running high), he has said nice things about her in the media and indicates she is (or was) a good mom. I think he believes the only reason she would be out of contact with their daughter this long is if she's dead.

John Mc Gowan said...


here is the first article on the missing Grandmother you requested.

Woman Vanishes After Finding Love Online

Kerry Jones told friends she moved from Alabama to Florida because she met "the love of my life." Now she's missing.

Kerry Jones told friends she moved from Alabama to Florida because she met "the love of my life." Now she's missing.

A woman who disappeared after moving from Alabama to Florida to be with a man she met online is missing, and friends said they're concerned for her safety.

Kerry Jones, 46, was last heard from on Feb. 7. Her live-in boyfriend, Jackie "Nick" Kelly, reported her missing to police in Jacksonville, Florida, two days later.

"Not knowing is one of the worst feelings ever," Jones' close friend, Tommie Ann Jones, told The Huffington Post. "We all miss her and don’t understand why this would happen. We're really heartbroken."

Tommie Ann Jones, who was once married to Kerry Jones' ex-husband, said the two are "more like family than friends."

The disappearance "is being worked as a missing person only at this point -- no foul play," a spokesperson for the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office told HuffPost.

Kelly told investigators he and his girlfriend argued on Feb. 7, the day he said he last saw her, according to the sheriff's incident report.

"Ms. Jones got upset over a post that he made on Facebook and left the residence," the report says. HuffPost was unable to reach Kelly for comment.

Deputies found Kerry Jones' vehicle parked outside Bealls Department Store, where she works as a cashier. The store manager told police she was uncertain how long the vehicle had been there.

Store surveillance video obtained by police shows Kerry Jones leaving work in the car on Feb. 7. There's no footage showing her vehicle returning to the store, police said.

Authorities searched Kerry Jones' car before turning it over to her family. It's unclear whether anything was found that sheds light on her disappearance.

Tommie Ann Jones said it's extremely unlikely that her friend, whom she described as a "devoted mother" of two older boys, would disappear and lose contact with friends and family.

"She's a very family-orientated person and stays in touch on a daily basis," Jones said. "She is one of the best people you could ever meet. She's down to earth and loved by everyone."

She said her friend, who is legally deaf, is originally from Pell City, Alabama. She moved to Jacksonville in October, after she met Kelly on the PlentyOfFish dating website.

"She told me she really cared for him and was moving down there," Tommie Ann Jones said. "She thought that was what she needed to do to be happy."

Kerry Jones wrote about her relationship with Kelly in several Facebook posts, including one she shared on New Year's Eve 2015.

"This year gone by so fast," she wrote. "So much have changed and I didn't imagine how my life is now. It was ups and downs but I have no regrets of the choices I made this year … I am very much happy of my new life and with the love of my life."


John Mc Gowan said...


A Facebook post using Kelly's name was made on Feb. 15, less than a week after his girlfriend disappeared.

"Kerry was very intoxicated that night. At some point she hit me in the head with a very heavy coffee cup and knocked me out. When I regained consciousness the next morning, I was laying in a big puddle of blood from a gash to my head. I realized that Kerry was gone. I thought at the time that she might think she had killed me, or at least seriously injured me, and she left and was hiding out because she was worried."

More on this in link provided. Unable to copy and paste.

Tommie Ann Jones said she has never known her friend to be violent.

"That would be completely out of her nature," she said. "She's 5 feet tall and deaf in both ears. He's a much larger person. I find it would be out of character."

Authorities said they have not confirmed the scenario described in the Facebook post.

For now, friends and family have more questions than answers.

"We're all just struggling," said Tommie Ann Jones. "We're hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst."

Kerry Jones is described as a white female, with brown hair and brown eyes. She is 5 feet tall and weighs 120 pounds.

Anyone with information on Kerry Jones' whereabouts is asked to call the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office at 904-630-0500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.

John Mc Gowan said...

And here's an update:

Family of missing Pell City woman trying to remain hopeful

John Mc Gowan said...


The "Meerkat effect" strikes again, lol.

Boubts about the representation of the Left Party

The Left Party spoke of an attempted assassination. However, after the knife attack against a politician in Wismar there are doubts about this view.

For many, this message fit into the common #Kaltland picture. A message, "the occasion should not have given it", published the Schwerin district association of the Left Party late on Tuesday on its Facebook page . Accordingly, the 18-year-old Schwerin district board member Julian Kinzel was on Monday evening in Wismar victim of a knife attack.

"The three perpetrators beat him and stabbed, according to testimony of the doctors, with a diameter about 17 times on their victim a" it said in the statement. Here Kinzel had been insulted as "gay Kommunistensau". "This and the clothing of the perpetrator with typical scene Be clothing (Thor Steinar) nourish the suspicion that it is a right-wing extremist motivated crime," said the district Chairman Peter Brill.

Knife attack in type of wounds "highly unlikely"

But, as the sender: "The wounds on the arm are the problem, they are sections that run back and forth across the forearm So it is also in the patient letter from the emergency room.. Multiple lacerations Kinzel says he has struggled, blocked the knife with his arm. His thick winter clothes have saved him from deeper cuts. "

Read More:

Unknown said...

Crap, crap, crap, crap.

This is off-topic, but I'm an author's assistant/social media manager, and right now I'm editing down some Q & A pieces to be made into blog posts. The book she wrote deals with recovering from some horrific sexual abuse. Guess where she got the idea for the ending? In the shower. :(

Does shower association always deal with sexual abuse in SA, or mostly the need for "cleansing" of something, which is statistically likely to be sexual?

Anonymous said...

If she is recovering from sexual trauma, I would say it comes from that.

Lis said...

Xian Janeway, here is a good article dealing with the use of water in statements:

VLW said...

Thinking some more about this: The warrant for Hicks' arrest being a good thing because if she is found "she will have to be brought back". Sounds like flight to prevent arrest might be uppermost in the minds of family members.

GeekRad said...

She is completely off the media radar screen I googled her name and only one article from February 12 showed up. Sounds like the police believe it is flight. Her ex worries (aerial searches)and her family isn't vey talkative. They too the think she ran off. Early on they were reporting she had not used her credit or ATM cards. I am curious if that is still the case. We may never know considering the media lack of interest.

John Mc Gowan said...

OT Kelly Jones:

After Florida Mom Goes Missing, Police Seize Her Boyfriend's Vehicle
Kerry Jones moved to Florida after she met Nick Kelly online. She vanished without a trace two weeks ago.


her boyfriends full FB entry is here.

John Mc Gowan said...


Reliable Denial (RD)

The lies will be exposed and the truth will prevail: Music producer tweets he didn't rape Kesha and never had sex with her while likening himself to the fake UVA and Duke rape scandals

Dr. Luke is speaking publicly for the first time since Kesha accused the music producer of drugging and raping her.
He claims that not only did he not rape Kesha, but that the two never even had sex.
'Until now I haven’t commented on the lawsuits, which should be resolved in court not here on Twitter,' he wrote.

'It’s a shame that there’s so much speculation out there basing itself on so little information.

'The only truly objective person who knows the facts is the judge. The judge did not rule in Kesha's favor on Friday.'
He then linked to a 2011 deposition given by Kesha in which the singer said that she never had sex with Dr. Luke and that he had never gave her a ruffie.

A judge on Friday ruled that despite Kesha's claims, she could not be released from her recording contract with Sony, resulting in an outpouring of support for the singer from industry superstars including Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Kelly Clarkson, to name just a few.

Taylor Swift even wrote her a check for $250,000 since the legal battle has drained her funds.

'I understand why people without all the information are speaking out. I can appreciate their compassion,' wrote Dr. Luke.

'But lives can get ruined when there’s a rush to judgment before all the facts come out. Look what happened at UVA, Duke etc.

'Of course any sane person is against rape and sexual assault but everybody who is commenting is doing so without knowledge or facts.'

He then stated; 'I didn’t rape Kesha and I have never had sex with her. Kesha and I were friends for many years and she was like my little sister.'

Dr. Luke also went after Kesha's attorney Mark Geragos, asking how much he really cares about women's rights given that he represented Chris Brown and Scott Peterson.

He also blasted Geragos for publicly claiming that Dr. Luke had raped Lady Gaga, a claim the singer herself denied last week.

'Imagine if you or somebody you loved was publicly accused of a rape you knew they didn't do. Imagine that,' he wrote.
'I have 3 sisters, a daughter, and a son with my girlfriend, and a feminist mom who raised me right.'

He closed by saying; 'Kesha and I made a lot of songs together and it was often good but there were creative differences at times.
'It’s sad that she would turn a contract negotiation into something so horrendous and untrue.
'But I feel confident when this is over the lies will be exposed and the truth will prevail.
'This is an ongoing legal case so I won't be responding / talking much about this. This should be tried in a court of law.'

Read More:

Tania Cadogan said...

He then stated; 'I didn’t rape Kesha and I have never had sex with her.

Never does not mean did not>
it only applies if the subject is asked "did you ever...?"
He makes a strong denial about rape, i would probe deeper on his definition of sex

Bad Juju said...

I would also like to know his definition of "rape." She claims he drugged her, and she woke up in his bed the next morning and didn't know how she got there. Does he think it's rape if she didn't say "no" (because she was too impaired)?

Tania Cadogan said...

off topic

A man who is accused of murdering his son by leaving him in the car for seven hours on a hot summer's day met with prostitutes and other women before his son died, prosecutors said in a hearing on Monday.

Justin Ross Harris, 34, claims he forgot to drop his son Cooper off at daycare on June 18, 2014, and accidentally locked the 22-month-old in the car while he went to work at Home Depot in Cobb County, Georgia.

Cooper was found to have died from hyperthermia, or overheating, as temperatures reached high into the 80s. The death was ruled a homicide.

Harris, who has pleaded not guilty to eight counts including a felony murder charge and cruelty to children, was messaging as many as six women that day, the court heard.

An anonymous woman wrote she was tired of being married with kids on the social media platform Whisper, to which Harris replied just ten minutes before he last saw his son: 'I love my son and all, but we both need escapes.'

In a hearing today, the prosecution accused Harris of meeting with women and prostitutes just days before his son's death.

The police had seized his cell phone and computers, and the assistant district attorney told the court today that the state has seen thousands of his messages, some of which were sent to underage girls.

According to CNN's Philip Holloway, Harris sent pictures of his anatomy while he was attending a baseball game with his son.

His messages also included a recording of himself playing the guitar, which was sent to an 18-year-old girl.

In his previous indictment, it was revealed that Harris had sexually explicit conversations with an underage girl. He sent her an explicit photograph, and tried to get her to send him a picture of her genitalia.

The defense attorney argued that details of Harris' infidelity were not relevant to the case regarding his son, and that the graphic details would only serve to cause an unfair trial.

When defense attorney Maddox Kilgore previously argued that Harris' messages were irrelevant, Cobb County Superior Court Judge Mary Staley ruled in favor of the prosecution.

The judge agreed with claims that Harris' alleged actions could provide evidence of a motive for the murder charges and demonstrate Harris' state of mind leading up to and on the day of the boy's death.

Earlier Monday, Harris' attorneys also argued against presenting details of Cooper's life insurance policy.

They said the father was financially secure and that there was no evidence to suggest that money played a factor in the boy's death.

They also said Harris did not want to leave his marriage because he loved his son.

Earlier this month, wife Leanna Harris filed for divorce from Justin Ross Harris, her attorney revealed.

The couple were married on May 27, 2006.

Read more:

Lis said...

I'm wondering if Peter or anyone would like to comment on this interview?

Backstory: Greg Kelley was accused of molesting 2 four year old boys at a daycare. He was staying with the owner after his parents both suffered serious health problems (stroke, brain tumor). The police dept did not follow protocol in interviewing the children or in handling evidence (deleted emails), nor did they interview any other witnesses. One of the children recanted before trial. The jury convicted Kelley solely on the testimony of the other child; there was no evidence.

Kelley's friends and family have been staunch supporters of him and continue to fight for his exoneration while others are convinced he is guilty and justice was served. Unfortunately, there is no police interview of him, but the following is an interview he gave the local paper after his sentencing.

I have some thoughts but would like to hear others' opinion - are there enough clues in his words to form a strong opinion?

Will paste the text below

Lis said...

Pt 1
Below is the text of KVUE Williamson County reporter Tom Miller's interview with Greg Kelley, the former Leander High School football player sentenced to 25 years in prison without parole or the right to appeal after he was found guilty of super aggravated assault of a child.

Greg Kelley: The first thing I wanted to say was during the investigation I was never questioned by police, and I was the only suspect and person of interest in the case. The other thing I want to [say] is that the police never investigated the home daycare where the assault took place. The Cedar Park Police Department didn't do a full investigation of all the children in the daycare. Another one is on stand, the detective admitted erasing emails obtained [as] potential evidence of the case. He testified that he [deleted] . . . probably close to 100 emails . . . the investigator testified she [deleted] the same emails as well, and they both broke company policy, because they weren't supposed to delete evidence of a case. Mysteriously, there was never a time or date provided that the alleged assault occured on. They have an estimate date on April 15, but they said it could have been two months early and two months after. The last thing I really, really point out with you is the conviction was solely on the convoluted testimony of a 4-year-old kid. There was no . . . evidence of me doing the assault, there was no eyewitnesses of an assault, and my 25-year conviction was solely on the word of a 4-year-old boy.

Tom Miller: If you are innocent, why did you go ahead and agree to a 25-year prison sentence without the possibility of parole or an appeal?

GK: The reason why I did that is 'cause I was [given] two options after I was convicted . . . If I waive my right to appeal to a judge, I serve 25 years. If I give it to a jury and still have my right to appeal, they could have convicted me of 25 to life without parole, and I'd already rolled the dice by not taking the plea bargain before trial . . . and to me, in the eyes of a jury, they think of me as a monster, and they didn't give me a fair trial at all, and I'm not going to roll that dice again . . . so, 25 years, [I'll] get out when I'm 44 years old. That's exactly why I took that . . . I took that because I had no other way. They had already convicted me.

TM: Why do you think they viewed you as a monster?

GK: Because I would never have thought they would have convicted me. I came in the courtroom, came in there with a full heart, ready to walk out there with my family and my supporters, and my heart was crushed when they convicted me on such a convoluted trial, such a washed up trial . . . they thought I was a monster. [But I have] supporters thinking otherwise.

TM: I know you denied that this ever happened, but was there any partial truth to any of the accusations against you?

GK: No. There was no truth at all.

TM: Is there anything you regret doing or wish you had done differently?

GK: No, not at all. People ask me [about] not taking that probation plea bargain . . . my mom told me to take it, my family told me to really think about taking it, I said, "No, I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna abide by the principles that I [grew] up with and my family taught me, and I'm not gonna accept such a horrible crime when I didn't do it. That's not my morals and that's not my goals. I wanted to change my life and this is not me, so I didn't take probation as an option.

Lis said...

Pt 2
TM: Do you regret that now, though, in hindsight?

GK: I don't. I don't regret it, no.

TM: If you had an opportunity to speak to the families of these children who accused you, what would you say?

GK: If I had the opportunity to talk to their families, the first thing I'd say is, "I'm sorry that your son is thinking that something's happened to him, but I think he's acting very untruthful in his testimony, and if something did happen to him, you just have the wrong guy. Bottom line, I'm sorry, but you just have the wrong guy."

TM: Were you ever alone with either of these boys?

GK: No. I also testified on the stand that I was never alone with them. It was always in the presence of an adult.

TM: Why do you think they said these things happened?

GK: I've had that question asked to me plenty of times, and . . . we're trying to find that out . . . and not letting me be in here any longer.

TM: What was your relationship with these two boys? Were you a role model for them? Were you a friend for them?

GK: That's all that that was. I was the only one that would interact with them when nobody except for the daycare provider would . . . like I said on the stand . . . I didn't want them to think as me as a big stranger and I wanted to get to know them. You know, I lived there and I wanted them to get to know [me] and I wanted to get to know them, and I believe they looked at me as a role model because they'd always wanna high-five me.

TM: Was there anything at all that happened? Was there anything that you believe that was potentially borderline inappropriate that happened?

GK: Not at all. As far as me, I was never inappropriate with the boys. That's one thing I can say, is in my point of view, there was nothing inappropriate going on.

TM: Was there anything potentially inappropriate that could have been seen in somebody else's point of view?

GK: No.

TM: For people who are unsure, what would you say to them? People who don't necessarily know what to think, because a lot of people think that something happened, they're just not sure what.

GK: The only thing I can do is say I didn't do it. I wish I could reach for a mountaintop and say I didn't do it. I wish people believed me, but apparently that's not how this world works. For those people I would say, "Believe what you want to believe. If you knew me as a person, if you knew the things I want to do in my life, I wouldn't have the time or the mindset of doing something that monstrous.

Lis said...

Pt 3
TM: From what I've seen, you and your family are people of faith. Why do you think this happened to you?

GK: I believe it's in God's hands . . . this is just a speed bump. As a man it can only make me better, so you know, I believe it's with a plan . . . bad things happen to good people all the time.

TM: What are you hoping happens moving forward? Are you looking for a miracle?

GK: Of course, yes.[laughs]I pray every night that something will come out and show my innocence and I can get out of here . . . I have many supporters who are trying to get me out of here because they know the true me, they know who I am and what I was up against. So, yes, I am hoping for a miracle.

TM: Again, if you are innocent, why would you go ahead and give up 25 years of your life without the possibility of parole of an appeal.

GK: I didn't have a choice. I went to trial fighting. I went to trial to fight for my life. I testified and proved my innocence . . . but it's not supposed to be that way. I had the right to remain silent and I didn't . . . I took that because I was convicted, I was wrongly convicted and I didn't have a choice, and 25 years, I saw a light outside of a tunnel rather than giving up, giving into a jury, and they could convict me of life without parole . . . If I would have given it to the jury, they could have given me life, and I couldn't handle that.

TM: Is there anything you want to say in this last minute?[Kelley's time on his prepaid phone card was almost out]

GK: The only thing is I didn't do it . . . and I think the truth will come out, and the truth will set me free.

trustmeigetit said...

"The first thing I wanted to say was I was never questioned by police"

Interesting that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd thing he had to say we're not that "I did not molest rat little boy"

It would be my first words.

Only when asked directly did he attempt to deny it. Even then it was "I didn't do it" which doesn't actually address what he didn't do.

Then I also found it interesting how ok he is with 25 years in jail.

I would be freaked!

I would beg to be heard that I did not molest the kid.

I'd love Peters comments. To me I feel like he did it.

trustmeigetit said...

also said "I'm my point of view, there was nothing inappropriate going on"

If that was asked if me, the answer would be "no"

Not just "in my point of view, no"

To me, it's like he maybe considers touching as "not inappropriate"

Wonder what crosses that line..

Anonymous said...

"For those people I would say, "Believe what you want to believe. If you knew me as a person, if you knew the things I want to do in my life, I wouldn't have the time or the mindset of doing something that monstrous."

Does this qualify as the "no man can lie twice" principle? (Instead of saying "believe me because I told the truth" the liar says " believe what you want to believe.)

Also, the statement, " I wouldn't have the time...(to do)....something that monstrous" strikes me as bizarre. So if he had more time.....?

John Mc Gowan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Can someone who knows, respond please?

I'm Anon@ 10:43

Is it an example of the "no man can lie twice" principle in SA?

Tania Cadogan said...

off topic

A Mississippi man already suspected in a murder reportedly has been indicted in the December 2014 burning death of a 19-year-old woman.

Quinton Tellis, 27, was indicted on capital murder charges Tuesday by a special grand jury in the death of Jessica Chambers, The Clarion-Ledger reported.

Tellis is currently being held in the Ouachita Parish Jail in Monroe, La. on charges connected to the August 2015 death of a University of Louisiana Monroe exchange student, the newspaper reported.

Authorities in Panola County, Miss. have scheduled a press conference about the case for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Chambers was found on a back road shortly after 8 p.m. on Dec. 6, 2014, with burns covering more than 98 percent of her body.

When emergency responders arrived at the scene, Chambers was walking away from her burning vehicle and able to utter a few words to them about the attack -- though authorities have not said what, if anything, the young woman was able to communicate. She later died from her injuries at a hospital in Memphis.

Tellis is believed to have been the last person to have been with Chambers the night she was killed. The two allegedly had a relationship in the weeks leading up to her death, officials told The Clarion-Ledger.

Tellis is already facing charge three counts of unauthorized use of an access card and one count of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. The Clarion-Ledger reported that he has admitted to using a debit card belonging to ULM student Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, of Taiwan. Hsiao was found stabbed to death in her apartment on Aug. 8 of last year, more than a week after she was reported missing.

Tellis has not been formally charged in connection with Hsiao's murder.

The Clarion-Ledger also reported that Tellis has served jail time on multiple charges of residential burglary and fleeing law enforcement. He had been released on probation twice, most recently in October 2014, two months before Chambers was killed.

Tellis also had simple assault and domestic violence charges against him dismissed in May 2011 after the complainants failed to show up to court.

At last

Lis said...

Thanks, guys, for your input! I would sure like to hear Peter's, also.
Anon at 10:43, that's a good question, I'm not sure but it does seem like it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lis.

The "no man can lie twice" principle is one with which I struggle.

Foolsfeedonfolly said...

Off Topic: DeOrr Kunz Jr. case (also posted in last DeOrr Kunz thread)

Interview with Sheriff Bowerman here:

A few notable points:

1. Bowerman is a former Boise County sheriff and a past Ada County deputy, and he’s served as a U.S Marshal. (bolding mine, for emphasis)

2. “We know that the parents aren’t telling the truth, and they know that we know that they’re lying,” Bowerman said. “I know that they know where the little boy is and what happened to him.”

The gloves are officially off.

Misha said...

OT I have just finished watching a Dr Phil episode which covered the fall and subsequent death of a young man called Malcolm. His mother believes that his girlfriend pushed him and caused him to fall over a railing and the girl has refused to take a polygraph. She set off alarm bells a number of times where she refused to directly answer a question but the most telling red flag for me was when she said "even if I should pass a polygraph..." Here is a link to the episode if anyone is interested in seeing the whole interview

Tania Cadogan said...

Darn that dratted IF word :)

Ali said...


Yep. The gloves are off, alright.

What I found very notable from the last interview is that:

Bowerman and his wife run the Leadore crematorium.

Cremains were "dumped" during the search.

That's a stunning coincidence, if it is a coincidence.

I think Mrs. Bowerman might have gone up to Timber creek campground to assist in the search for DeOrr, (bringing food, drink, comfort) and took the opportunity to take care of some funeral home business at the same time.

I don't think its nefarious. I believe it was just an unfortunate error in judgement

What do you think?

I suggested it on WS and got summarily deleted.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Hicks' body found. In her car in a storage facility off the highway she was last seen on.


Bad Juju said...

How sad.

Thanks for the update, jds.

Ali said...

She was found in a storage shed near her home.

Her ex husband seemed to know she would be found in a shed or barn. Posters on this blog guessed she''d be found in a shed, based on the ex-husband's statements.

Bad Juju said...

Ali, was she found in the storage facility where her car was found? I was under the impression from the article I read that her car was found in a rented storage unit, not a shed. But perhaps I misunderstood the wording of the article.

Ali said...

Hi Bad Juju,

It's more likely that I made the mistake by calling a storage unit a storage shed.

Are you the poster that used to be called Juliet, by any chance?

Bad Juju said...

Ali, no, I'm not Juliet. I posted anonymously for a couple of years but got tired of being accused of being someone connected to a recent case, so I finally picked a name :)

I still think this was suicide. Rumor has it she was indeed in the storage unit and that it's located very close to her home.

Ali said...

Bad Juju,

Aha! So you're Davey/Ryan and Perry! 😉

I wonder if it is suicide or a staged suicide. Something seems off. I'm looking sideways at the ex-husband. Time will tell.

Bad Juju said...

Yes, Ali, that's me, haha. Who knew a 40-year-old woman could also be three men ... two preachers and a neighborhood watch captain?

I'm not suspicious of the ex-husband on this one. I think the authorities will be able to tell from phone pings and such. Like you said, time will tell.

Very sad, either way.

Statement Analysis Blog said...

If she had said something about suicide, he certainly believed her.

Hey Jude said...

Ali - I am posting as Hey Jude (aka Juliet). If I was posting as JuJu I would be Good JuJu, or A Bit Good Sometimes JuJu. I thought some people might assume Bad JuJu is me. Such is life. :)

Girasol said...

Peter this is ridiculously off-topic, but seems there could be some fruitful ground to cover in the recent evidence presented by Cardinal George Pell in a hearing into institutional child abuse.

Statement Analysis Blog said...

specific statements?

Girasol said...

There are transcripts of interviews. I will see if I can locate them and let you know.